don't click here

Favourite invincibility theme

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by amphobius, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    Well, every Sonic game has had an invincibility theme, but what's your favourite?

Mine is the Sonic 3 alone invincibility.

2. I'd have to say Sonic 3 alone, and the Sonic Advance remix version of the original.

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    My top 2:

1st) Sonic & Knuckles
    2nd) Sonic 3

4. Sonic 3 alone followed by Sonic 2 beta's (I.e. the nicer (IMO) version of Sonic 2's Super Sonic song)

5. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Sonic 1 minus the initial drums.

S3's invincibility theme sucks ass and S&K's was bearable, but that was one of the few things I hated about S3/S&K.

6. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Sonic 1 and Sonic 2's were almost identical minus the beginning drums. They win anyways, so this topic is useless.

7. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Sonic CD EU/JP wins everything in terms of soundtrack. THE CASE IS CLOSED =P

8. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    ^100% Agreed.
    Though I slightly prefer the invincibility tune of Sonic 3D Flickies' Island (Saturn/PC).

v That one I also had in mind, heh.

9. Sonic CD USA's. Hands down. It is the primary reason I bought Gems Collection, no lie. I go out of my way every time to get an Invincibility box just so I can spend some time listening to it. It is among the most frequently played tracks on my iPod, I've messed around with in in my MIDI editor, and I've learned how to play it on Marimba.

It's just such a radical departure from the usual Sonic tune that I guess it left a big impression on me.

That's not to say the Japanese version isn't good - I especially like the countdown at the end - but I like my Invincibility to say, "I have the power to kill you, fool!" moreso than "Yay, I can't be hurt!". I think the USA version expresses the attack-oriented nature of the Invincibility box.

10. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    My favorite is Sonic 3D Blast's (MegaDrive) invincibility theme. Nice use of the Z80. :(

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Pffft, the only decent powerup music in Sonic CD USA is the speed sneakers =P

And for the record, it's Sonic 3 followed by S2.

12. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    I like Sonic3D's invincibilty music, I use it as a ringing tone for my phone (Sonic 3 extra life for a text, sad, eh? =P)

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I always thought the S3&K melody was the most victorious sounding, while at the same time expressing that Sonic's a badass about to go on a killing spree. I'd have to vote that one. =P

14. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    1) Chaotix's, even though it can get repetitive.
    2) Sonic Drift's (Toot Toot Sonic Warrior lol)

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Nah, I've used S1/S2's for about 3 years now =P

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Sonic 3k's and SA1's are my top favorites. SA1's, while just guitar shredding, does describe the song title's perfectly well: "Invincibility... No Fear!" It does feel like you could now just rip loose at full speed with little fear of being hurt.

17. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I'm trying to understand how many like the S3 theme. But then again I hate it because they recycle it for Super Sonic's theme as well....that made me really angry. It's TOO repetitive of a song to use for Super Sonic...why were they so lazy in making an original short song for Super Sonic in S3/S&K?!

Anyways, my favorite is SA1's.

I have mixed opinions about the one in Sonic Heroes, because they basically use the same drums and bass with new guitar riffs.

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Sonic Drift's invince theme owns all others.

19. setz

setz

Oldbie
    well at least I wasn't the only one who liked the original, but anything I've heard after s3+k just fails in my eyes

20. Drex

Drex

Lazy perfectionist Member
    The Chaotix one has been popping in my head the past few days so I'll choose that. Sonic 3's is way too irritating.

I don't have Emerald Hill as my phone's ringer any more, but I still use:
    voicemail: Sonic 2's continue jingle
    text message: Sonic 2's emerald jingle
    alarm: SEGA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.