don't click here

The Sonic X Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by True Dude, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've been wondering if Sonic X has been cancelled or not. I mean, the original creators haven't said it has yet, but 4kids has said it is done. Another season would be a nice addition (minus lame fan-stories which would spawn) considering the Japanese version was actually a good show compared to the shit we got.

Has Sonic X truly ended it's run? Or is it merely being stalled in production?

2. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    Wait. What are the differences between the JP and US version? I mean specifically.

3. Most of the more "violent" scenes were either taken out or toned down, replacement of all the good music with average crappy music, a retarded title theme (and video), parts that were meant to be dramatic or serious were merely flashbacks, usually ruined by talking or music that didn't fit playing. There's much more to this, but I can't remember all of it right now.

4. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi

Can't complain. Member
    u mama
    Mystery something game
    Most of the "sad" scenes throughout the series were altered.
    If I recall correctly, the end of episode 77 was the most heavily altered one.

EDIT: Yeah.

5. Flare

Flare

They changed it so Maria never died, now if I were Sega I would be mad at that, they can't just change a dead character into a living character. [/sarcasm]

Japan never aired season 3, so I doubt they would make a season 4.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wow. They completely took all the meaning out of that scene. At first, it's moving, and then I heard the English version and I just closed the window. Ugh.

You know, maybe I'll give Sonic X another chance via subbed episodes. It really doesn't seem all that horrible outside of the dub. I know that's a cliche thing to say, since I've seen everyone and their mother say it, but it actually has bearing with comparisons like that.

Speaking of comparisons, are there any more of those around? I'd be interested in seeing them.

7. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game

Haet.

That was completely...wow. I can at least say that with that, I realize that its not Sonic X that sucks, but just the 4kids version. That was fucking horrible. I couldn't help but to gawk. Jesus. What the fuck is Sega doing? How could they take the butchering of Sonic like that. It should be different if someone else is doing it, right?

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
  9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow I never understood quite why people hated the 4kids dub so much compared to the Japanese original. But now I understand.

The Japan version has emotion, feeling, non-generic actiony music (Which by the way plays all the fuckin time in the US version). Why the FUCK does 4kids take out official Sonic music. They scenes were often originally very sad... now they just make them stupid in the US. How sad.

10. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    The music in the 4Kids is enough to drive you mad. It's like watching it with someone humming inane tunes in your ear constantly.

11. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    They're forced to make many cuts, and by the time they retuned it to be 'suitable' for children (damn American censorshit laws), the music would be out of place. That, and they didn't buy licensing to use the music in the dub.

The ONLY anime that was excellent in which 4Kids dubbed was Pokemon. The left a great deal of it untouched, though I find it funny what they called the ohagi (wait... was it ohagi?). Anyway, all the music was also in the Japanese version (except for the theme songs), and voice acting matched perfectly.

And then 4Kids lost it to the new fags.

12. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    That was painful to watch. I tried to watch this series, but I lasted only four episodes before it all got to me. Sure, some Saturday mornings I felt I could stomach it(If I was up), but I think I've only seen about seven full episodes of that crap.

I have seen two Japanese episodes, but I felt I was missing a lot because it had no dubs, but it definitely felt more refined then the US version. But seeing the comparisons... You just have to say "What the Hell is this?!" and walk away thoroughly disgusted.

13. Flare

Flare

Cencorship laws are no excuse for half the rubbish they had. You see companies trying to get away with things to make their programs better, 4-kids seem to remove anything they might get asked to remove. Then they add and edit things to make it "cool". The overuse of puns, removing all text, removing title and character cards, changing Sonic phrases and meanings - "Chaos Control Now"?!?, Eggman's base being called Chaos Control. Its what you get when the writers didn't know Sonic or even research (any Sonic wiki could tell you what Chaos Control was), when they had to re-write stuff.

They didn't use any of the music created for Sonic X. They use their own for everything, not sure if it costs to get the japanese music track or not, but I'm pretty sure it costs more to make their own.

14. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    It would cost more to make their own repeatedly, but from what I can tell they seemed to have created a bank of repeatable music, then done some mix-and-mathing to make "new" music for each episode. Seriously, that same shit gets reused in so many episodes.

15. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    The japanese version reminds me of why I used to wanna watch anime's.

16. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'd rather have AOSTH season 3 than watching furries shooting their own friends while crying and being all emotive, seriously wtf.

18. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    Fuck yes, Im not alone

19. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Well at least One Piece is out of 4Kids hands. It's kind of a shame that a decent Sonic X dub will never surface.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.