don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I don't remember where I read it but I remember reading that Sega doesn't do beta testing anymore. I think that's a huge problem. Another problem is the morons who buy the games thinking they're "supporting" sega when they're really hurting it. It's why we haven't got a decent Sonic game in a long time.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I know that was true for Sonic 06, but I don't think that's true for every game. Sonic 06 was special that way though. Although if they don't beta test any more, well that's just stupid

3. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I thought their excuse for the crapfest of 06 was due to not only the Christmas rush, but also the splitting of the team to do SatSR

4. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    As far as I'm concerned, there ARE no excuses to make a game that bad

5. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    'Cept making a hack for the 1337 trophy, but that's not a real game anyways :P

6. Dominus Draconis

Dominus Draconis

I think perhaps they should win it anyway, cause Sonic '06 was just THAT bad

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It's been said before, I'll say it again - Sonic 06 would NOT have been a bad game had they actually finished it. Rushing it out the door for Xmas basically killed any chance of it being playable, which was a shame as it looked and sounded great.

8. Dominus Draconis

Dominus Draconis

But the fact is, they DIDN'T finish it, most companies delay games when more progress is needed, they just released the stage it was at

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    We got Sonic Unleashed stuff in! :worship:

Seemingly this was all found on a Sega FTP by EspioKaos forum member, Alsha ClanClan Prower some random furry fancharacter.
    It is not proven that these photos are legit are not by any means, but to me that's the most fucking legit thing I've seen from Sega in years. :shocked:

By the way, the linkage is right here, fuckers.

BTW, I think that picture of Sonic with his mouth wide open and bulging eyeballs should be the next-gen Lazy Eye Sonic.

10. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Dear god what is this shit. It looks like 06 and Secret Rings had a bastard baby.

11. Dragstik

Dragstik

Hmm, the images look good, too good to be hoaxes.
    I'm impressed with those images but:

I don't like that part.

12. Vaiz

Vaiz

Internet.
    Okay, past kneejerk reactions, it's pretty - that much is for sure. The lack of normal mapping on Sonic (which they seem to love to do, so I don't think they'd leave it out) screams Wii to me, but the environments look too good for a wii game, so it all seems to be up in the air right now. Also chaos clone number 2 confirmed.

Though on second thought, when it comes to normal mapping fur on sonic, maybe they just finally figured out Sonic is not meant to look OMG REALZ!

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Which one are you talking about, the game itself or the nextgen Lazy Eye Sonic lulz

No, seriously, I think that this game is looking pretty impressive in my eyes. I like how it is coming out, and this time, there's a PLOT TWIST! Super Sonic is seemingly at the START of the game instead of the end this time!

Well, it's a start for a little bit more variation in the storyline. And seemingly, robots look sorta cartoony again. ;)

14. Dragstik

Dragstik

This is for 360 maybe? But I think this will be for Wii. Sonic 06 was already on 360.
    Another thing to worry about: the engine. We need a bug free engine.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I like that Sonic loses his super power in the beginning. It makes sense of the fact that the emeralds just happen to be missing at the beginning of every Sonic game (What did Sonic do in between those games anyways, just throw them in the ocean?). Also kind of reminds me of Sonic 3 when Knuckles steals the emeralds (although it's Eggman doing it instead). It's certainly an interesting twist.

Although why is he in Africa and Greece? Ya they look nice but come on. Everything about that game seems perfect for some classic environments. But I'm liking this so far, hopefully more to come soon.

EDIT: While I noticed that there were no other characters in the pictures I hope this is not true. Don't start bitching, I just want Tails and Knuckles (if they play good that is). Unlike the Sonic 06 trailer, we are safe because we have the Hud on these shots, which means that they are in game. (Speaking of the HUD, it looks kinda Sonic 06-ish. That doesn't mean it's bad though. Also Ring Energy? WTF is this SatAM?). Speed meters kinda cool though.

16. Vaiz

Vaiz

Internet.
    On another note, notice we only see Sonic and Eggman in these images. No traces of any further characters. This is probably to good to hope to be true. For all we know, these have nothing to do with what Unleashed will become, just like that old trailer for Sonic Next back in 05. Still, it's hope =[. Also Robots are beginning to look a LITTLE more badnik-like as opposed to sleek death machine what-is-this-shit-doing-in-my-Sonic like, as said.

17. Dragstik

Dragstik

I agree, the game would be better with some classic environments.

I hope they'll leave it like that.

18. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    More or less sums up my thoughts as well.

Also this screenshot seems to suggest a Secret Rings follow-up. The track is very narrow, there are large obstacle crates and Sonic does a side-stepping move (which would be pretty redundant in a normal platformer but makes sense in an on-rails game). Too bad I haven't played SSR yet and tbh I don't really want either, but I guess I have to at a point, but even without that I'm already disappointed it probably won't be a sequel to Sonic 06.
    Also those robots look shit. Like they mixed the incredibly lame Eggpawns from Heroes/Shadow with the (quite cool and well-desgined imo) robots from Sonic 06, taking the worst parts of both.

Though if that are WIi graphics that is quite amazing. (Even though I don't like the console.)

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned

WHAT THE FUCK

GOD DAMN IT NO NO NO

WHY MUST THIS ALWAYS FUCKING HAPPEN

20. JoseTB

JoseTB

Tech Member
    Out of curiosity, does anyone have seen those screens in the actual SEGA FTP? Because I can't find them right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.