don't click here

Sonic 3C 0408 discussion

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Skaarg

Skaarg

That's looking awesome Saz, didn't see a few of those small things on my plays through.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Also, don't forget that the Emerald in the final only glows when you have all the super emeralds.

Unless you've tried hacking the RAM to give you all of them (has that been done -- is it even possible?), it's hard to say if that's of any significance.

4. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    Fixed

Really? I never knew that. At any rate, I've tried doing that, and manually getting both sets of emeralds (by getting 6 chaos emeralds, then the super emeralds, then the last chaos emerands) and no change,

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Dunno about whether it HAS been done, but I'm pretty damn sure it IS possible. How else does the game keep track of how many emeralds you have as you're playing?

6. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    Making patch codes can be fun.

All 7 Chaos Emeralds: FFFFB0:0007
    All 7 Super Emeralds: FFFFB1:0007
    Always Have 80 Rings: FFFE21:0050

EDIT: Doesn't seem to make the Emerald glow, though. However, I can attest to it only glowing when you have all Super Emeralds. Here's a savestate containing various states of the Data Select: http://download.yousendit.com/37A8F2EC1DC9B6F8

And some more interesting codes. Try these when you're in a Super/Hyper form:

FFFF09:0000 - Current Character is Sonic + Tails
    FFFF09:0001 - Current Character is Sonic Alone
    FFFF09:0002 - Current Character is Tails Alone
    FFFF09:0003 - Current Character is Knuckles
    FFFF09:0004 - Current Character is SonKnuck (Blue Knuckles)

EDIT 2: These are for S3K final, not 0408

7. Dragonsbrethren

Dragonsbrethren

I looked through the topic and didn't see this mentioned, after beating any of the Mecha Sonic bosses in Sky Sanctuary Super Sonic reverts to normal and can't transform again unless you enter a bonus stage.

Also, I was fighting the Lava Reef boss as Super Sonic and he somehow hit me, just like Knuckles can. I haven't been able to get it to happen since though, it was when he first came out of the lava, I was standing on the spot he comes up from.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Maybe you fell off the level and then reverted back with debug?

9. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    No, that's not it, I've had this happen too, he reverts back as soon as you deal the last blow, like with a normal boss. Even if you get or already have 50 rings, you cannot become super sonic again.

10. Ah, nice work. ;) I see the emerald and ring codes are the same as S3/S3K, while the character codes are slightly different. Blah, I'll have to rehack the debug mode code soon. =P I'll see if I can also get some invincibility/cannot be hurt codes going as well. :)

EDIT: Some goodness...

FFB02B:0003 Invincibility
    FFFE12:0063 Infinite Lives
    FFFE24:0000 Infinite Time

EDIT2: Created a debug mode code...

FFFFFA:0001 Enable Debug Mode

11. That would be because the timer stops when you defeat the boss, but unlike in the final, doesn't start again, meaning you can't become Super Sonic. To force the timer to update again, use the PAR code FFFE1E:0001 (in Kega)

12. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Nice one Rattle, I knew it was doable =P

13. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
  14. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
  15. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    I've been trying to keep the width of the page at a max of 1000 pixels, is it really that bad?
    Edit: Ok I fixed the bonus stages section so it takes up the full 1000 pixel width, but seriously, I hate accommodating to 1024x768 users, you guys make up probably less than 10% of my user base

16. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Well, thank you. It was more of a problem on the Special Stages page where the pictures aren't next to each other for comparison, and it seems like just a few more pixels would solve it. I understand, though, if only a fraction of your user base uses smaller resolutions.

Also, the footer says "©1999-2005."

17. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    People still voluntarily use 1024x768? o_O

18. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I do.

19. xdaniel

xdaniel

Same here when I'm using my laptop - 1024x768 maximum resolution - which I am doing right now.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Me too, except when I'm using the laptop's widescreen.