don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragstik

Dragstik

If this game is 3D, it better have a good engine and a good camera.
    If it's 2D I hope levels don't end in 1 minute.

And I want levels where I have to use all the buttons not just foward.

2. Yuzihax

Yuzihax

I don't post much, if ever. Member
    I somehow doubt you'd get too much length for a 2D game, seeing as 2D games mostly equal short levels that tend to end in 1 minute plus, of course that's just what I've seen happen with about every 2D game.

If it's a 3D game, it's probably assured that you'd have to use all the buttons to perform some function, although if it's a 2D, you'd at least have multiple jump buttons or some kind of other function.

3. Dragstik

Dragstik

I'd really like a 2D Sonic game where you can explore the levels, maybe with the level design of Sonic CD or 3K.
    Instead of the actual: Press and keep down right until the level is done.

4. Yuzihax

Yuzihax

I don't think there's really much exploring that can be done on a 2D platform, but I've been wrong before.
    Press and keep down right is pretty much the set custom for 2D Sonic games, the only other thing that could probably be done with other buttons is maybe another function/attack or something.

5. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    People keep saying 2D, 2D.. But come on, what are the chances? Since Advance ended, we haven't seen a 2D game because the new series on the Handhelds is Rush and its 3D.. Well, more 2.5D. The fact is, this will probably be a console game.

6. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    What 2D Sonic games have you been playing? There's plenty to explore in the old Sonic games. That's one of the things that made them so fun.

7. Yuzihax

Yuzihax

I'd have to agree, since 2D seems to be dead.

Er..well, semi-dead then, but Sega seems to be intent on producing more 3D games instead of making more 2D ones, so I guess that I SHOULD agree that it's pretty much destined to be a 3D game, but something is telling me otherwise (probably because I prefer the 2D games over the 3D ones anyway, so I guess that was to be expected.)

I never really found all that much to explore, but then again, I'm pretty unobservant most-to-all of the time anyway, so chances are I'm most likely wrong as it is now that I think about it.

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Heroes was the last game where the voice acting didn't blow to high hell. Yeah they spoke too much, but at least they overall sounded good. Oh...and I could tell apart Rouge from Sonic. (Can't do that these days)

This title reeks of compilation. I personally wouldn't mind a Shuffle port with better loading. Of course, I'm the only one with that opinion.

Also, for those folks shouting for 2d, Rush and Rivals would like to have a word with you. That's about as 2D as it's gonna get.

Don't care about this though...I'm waiting for the announcement of a Rivals 3 :P

9. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    Play it some more. Seriously, I also was pretty disappointed and angry the first few stages, but once I progressed further into the game I grew to like it.
    That, and once you've fought yourself though the tedious story mode with all its awful city missions and boring adventure fields, it wouldn't surprise me if you often went back into the stages via that time attack mode thing trying to get all the S-ranks.

10. Vangar

Vangar

I actually really liked Sonic Riders myself. And what I like about the new games, is that I can play them casually and I don't have to get real good at the game, which I hardly have time for.

But, the old Sonic games were almost just as easy. Pull right and jump, eventually you will get to the end. Sonic's never had much gameplay, really.

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Sonic games shouldn't be about "growing to like them", but about "instant gratification", really.

Just like Sonic Rush, and unlike Sonic Rush Adventure, where you have to "get used" to the annoying stuff in order to enjoy it. All of this being my personal oppinion, of course.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    My kidneys agree.

13. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Maybe the new character is a hedgehog that forms from the negativity of the Chaos Emeralds, and decides to go on a rampage, collecting the seven Chaos Emeralds. He then becomes his perfect form, and then begins to threaten the world with destruction. Lots of DBZ related fighting ensues, and eventually, Sonic and Shadow change the Chaos Emeralds into Super Emeralds, and become their Hyper forms, before using Chaos Control to fuse together and make Shadic. More fighting, and eventually, the new hedgehog is destroyed.

OFUX, I'm thinking of Nazo Unleashed.

*runs*

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Dear god, Sonic should never go down that road.

15. This could possibly be the real Sonic game SEGA mentioned last year.

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Hey, Sega already hold a world record for the most playable characters in a platformer (according to Guinness Book of World Records Gamers Edition 2008) through Sonic Heroes. You just know they're gonna try and 1-up this by creating a game with even more characters to hold their record. After all, they can put Silver, Marine and Blaze in the game now, along with Ray, Mighty and any other shit they come out with between now and then.

17. Maybe this is another Sonic game farmed out to some developer for Xbox Live Arcade. There's our shot at a 2D Sonic game.

Hey, maybe the Freedom Fighters and the buttholes from the UK comic will show up. That'll shatter the record.

18. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    Please don't get my hopes up. D:

I hope this is a full-fledged 3D platformer. They really need to make up for the shit they did to Sonic '06. >>

19. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.

I don't mean to be a negative dick, but if anything, they'll just pour shit tons of salt in the wound.

20. Yeah, unless they gave this to another developer, it's going to suck. Probably. The developers claimed the Christmas rush killed Sonic 06, but I really doubt it. There wasn't a good game underneath the bad. Just more bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.