don't click here

Sonic Unleashed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shade

Shade

My money is on this being the next 3D Sonic, in the adventure/06 line.

Which I for one think is a good thing. Sonic 06 was absolutely fantastic outside of it's terrible, rushed programming (courtesy of Sega wanting it out for the Xmas rush). Easily the best level design and music in any 3D Sonic.

2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Agreed with Shade, in my opinion it's also a new game, why most of you insist in that it'll be another collection?

3. Shade

Shade

<!—quoteo(post=183792:date=Mar 12 2008, 03:16 PM:name=Sik the hedgehog)—><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sik the hedgehog @ Mar 12 2008, 03:16 PM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!—quotec—>Agreed with Shade, in my opinion it's also a new game, why most of you insist in that it'll be another collection?<!—QuoteEnd—></div><!—QuoteEEnd—>Especially when there's nothing left to compile. Sega is not going to make a collection with like...Chaotix. That's all that is left, aside from Saturn Sonic 3D and possibly Segasonic Arcade.

Alternatively from being the next Sonic '06, it could be something entirely standalone, like Heroes. Sonic "Unleashed" does have that kind of ring to it.

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Maybe the title refers to the idea that Sonic no longer has an entourage the size of the entire Smash Bros. character base.

It is just Sonic. You run around and beat enemies by jumping on them. Also collect emeralds.

Hoping for an at least partly orchestral score a la Mario Galaxy.

5. <!—quoteo—><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!—quotec—>Hoping for an at least partly orchestral score a la Mario Galaxy.<!—QuoteEnd—></div><!—QuoteEEnd—>

ditto.

6. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Let's hope they stole code from Nintendo's next triple-a platformer instead of giving us more glitchy Blink 182 shit.

7. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    <!—quoteo(post=183789:date=Mar 12 2008, 09:41 PM:name=The ??)—><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The ?? @ Mar 12 2008, 09:41 PM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!—quotec—>It's a hi-definition remake of the original Sonic game. (I hope.)<!—QuoteEnd—></div><!—QuoteEEnd—>
    Beat me to it, only I was gonna say, Maybe it's a HD sonic megadrive collection. Well, I can always dream =P

8. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Er, OK, and what if Sonic Unleashed is a 2D game for the DS or the PSP? Honestly, Sonic Unleashed sounds more like a game where you are meant to keep going fast all the time.

9. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    <!—quoteo(post=183790:date=Mar 12 2008, 04:00 PM:name=Shade)—><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shade @ Mar 12 2008, 04:00 PM) [​IMG]</div><div class='quotemain'><!—quotec—>Which I for one think is a good thing. Sonic 06 was absolutely fantastic outside of it's terrible, rushed programming (courtesy of Sega wanting it out for the Xmas rush). Easily the best level design and music in any 3D Sonic.<!—QuoteEnd—></div><!—QuoteEEnd—>
    I have an amazing car but the engine's defective

Seriously, what kind of logic is that? -_-

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It means that the game was excellent in concept and design, but horrible in execution—the flaws of the engine were way too overbearing to justify the content within.

Basically, if Sonic Next didn't suck so bad, it'd be awesome. =P

11. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I wouldn't know, I never played it. But I know the plot was pretty stupid too.

I can guarantee you what this game will contain:

-Scripted loops
    -Hours of pressing forward
    -Glitchy homing attack and light dash
    -At least two new characters, one playable with horrid controls that you'll be FORCED to play as
    -4Kids shitty acting
    -Terrible programming and glitches that make the game impossible
    -Bad cameras that don't follow Sonic
    -Tons of Emo Shadow

Seriously, if anyone thinks that Sega is about to clean up their act: Not gonna happen. It'll be the same old crap they've been churning out for years. Nothing will ever change. It's been proven time and time again that they don't know what they're doing when it comes to Sonic. They have all ready killed him as far as I am concerned. This game means nothing to me.

But as of usual, it will have purdy graphics and tons of Shadow so all the fanboys and girls out there will give the game a 1000000/10.

12. Shade

Shade

Not everyone rabidly hates any product with the name Sonic on it released in the last 10 years.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Knowing SEGA, it might just be a different name for Sonic 3 mobile.

Sonic The Hedgehog Dash, anyone? =P

14. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Not the last 10 years just since SA2

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    In reality there have only been two dreadfully bad Sonic games since SA2, which were Shadow and Sonic 06. Sonic Heroes was generally excepted, Sonic Riders wasn't even a real Sonic game (Fuck that could have been any character on an air board, it just happened to be Sonic), and the rest were pretty decent but they were all on portables.

16. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Ugh, it seems like there's a video called Sonic Unleashed, a comic, a page, a fangame, etc. If you heard anything about Sonic Unleashed before this, ignore it :&

17. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Secret Rings :P

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ah right I forgot to mention that one. Thought it would be implied.

19. Sherbet

Sherbet

That's more like it. Member
    Good too see some of us have more reasonable expectations of a Sonic the Hedgehog game.

I'd love a 3-D remake of Sonic 1 (at the least). If they really wanted me to fangasm over it, they'd also include Bridge and Jungle Zone. I wouldn't mind a similar product being on the DS, either.

For me, this can go either way. I'm not so sure that the game is hateable yet. We only have a name, people. There's nothing to judge but your own low expectations.

20. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Gut's telling me Wii game with some sort of nunchuk gimmick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.