don't click here

Sonic 3C 0408 discussion

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    So those are buried in the ground, and to get them to pop up you make the signpost land on them! I never could figure out what caused it, I thought it was totally random.

[​IMG]
    Knuckles in LRZ2, drawn over the hidden passage to his section of the level.

Spikes were moved over:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And, it's been mentioned already, but HPZ's title card is actually Sky Sanctuary Zone, and the SSZ music plays.
    [​IMG]

Mecha Sonic (or Metal Sonic or whateverthecraphe'scalledinthisgame) is ridiculously hard; you're given no rings at all, and he swoops down at you way more than firing those blasts. He swooped down at me like 16 times before he fired a single shot. His vulnerability window in his second attack phase seems a lot smaller, too. Also, the Master Emerald is drawn behind Floating Island instead of in front of it. The timer is frozen at 0:00, so you presumably have unlimited time to beat him. Once you do, he falls off the screen, and nothing else happens.
    [​IMG]

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    [​IMG]
    final/proto

In the final, Sonic and Tails can break the rock and there is a spring undernieth. For knuckles the spring is not there so he can't access the above boss area without debug.

In this beta Knuckles can't beak the rock, so he can use it to get into Sonic and Tails boss area. Though Knuckles boss is still loaded so you get stuck.

Edit to the above post: ... really? We're going to start watermarking this stuff now? ~_~

3. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    yeah there's no need to watermark XD

Spikes were moved over:
    I found this in the 608 S&K Beta as well.

4. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    My bad, lemme move those to a different folder so they don't get watermarked.

EDIT: Fixed

5. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    ... you can have a folder that automatically watermarks images?... that is awesome...

6. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    [​IMG]

These spikes are pushable in the final, not so here.

7. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    <!--quoteo(post=180871:date=Feb 25 2008, 03:47 AM:name=Quexinos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quexinos @ Feb 25 2008, 03:47 AM) [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    When you battle Knuckles as Super Sonic in Hidden Palace Zone, you can still play as Super Sonic all through the end of the stage. In the final build of Sonic 3 & Knuckles, you transform back to regular Sonic after you defeated Knuckles in HPZ. There's no way to transform into Super/Hyper Sonic once you've defeated Knuckles in HPZ (even if you're in debug mode; breaking however many S boxes you place) and stays that way until you leave the stage.

9. Decided to record more footage, this time of MHZ1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAN9M02Pz0A

I want to record LRZ2 but the level itself is very long and it might be hard to get that on YouTube due to their retarded size/length limits.

10. MoDule

MoDule

Tech Member
    Procrastinating from writing bug-fix guides
    I'll go ahead and make an educated guess that in the final when you beat Knuckles the timer is stopped which forces Sonic to revert to normal. In the beta the timer probably isn't stopped, thus there's nothing to trigger Sonic's detransformation.

11. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    It is possible if you do it with only one life, due to time constraints built into the engine, giving you a short time limit.

12. Karlboose

Karlboose

This is only really concerned with Edit #1 in the quote above. Because of the positioning of Eggman's machine in MHZ2, it is possible to jump over the satellite and to bounce on the rear of the machine which sticking out of the ground. This does not seen to affect the boss' hit counter, and I also attempted to see if the 255 hit glitch would work by doing this (The 255 hit glitch can be seen in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB9rCVPLq2w), but this still had no effect even after 6 minutes of taking hits.

Also, Eggman only takes 7 hits instead of the regular 8 hits during the running section.

Sorry. I didn't notice them in the middle of your post. I've replaced the info with your version.

13. Tribeam

Tribeam

I code Lua and Lua accessories Member
    Saved games in the save select menu only goes up to 6 zones like in Sonic 3A and completing LBZ Act2 will cause the game to think you beat it and the save will be in its "complete state" allowing you to select any of the 6 zones. (you can also access the credits by pressing the sonic/supersonic picture like in sonic 3A)

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]
    Different animation. In the Final Metal Sonic's feet go back a little instead of just using a re-shaded charge up sprite

[​IMG]
    In the final only 2 item boxes are present... Unfortunately I forget what the items in the shot were (Damn static)

[​IMG]
    Knuckles Hydrocity underwater palette is different in this proto. Replaced by a bright purple color in the final (Bad choice)

[​IMG]
    Knuckles's Carnival Night Act 1 path is completely devoid of enemies

[​IMG]
    fucked up bubbles

[​IMG]
    In the final the sign goes behind the Egg Capsule

[​IMG]
    There should be items here

[​IMG]
    I don't think this is in the final (I'm not sure. It's been very long since I've had to use Lava Reef as a source for Super Emeralds)

15. Jmanny

Jmanny

Pending Member
    [​IMG]
    These spikes in DEZ do not harm you

[​IMG]
    But as you walk to the end of the spikes you die

16. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    More from the department of bad layer order:
    [​IMG]

17. Karlboose

Karlboose

<!--quoteo(post=180258:date=Feb 24 2008, 10:40 AM:name=Vangar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vangar @ Feb 24 2008, 10:40 AM) [​IMG]</a>
    Sonic 3&K Final:
    [​IMG]

18. MoDule

MoDule

Tech Member
    Procrastinating from writing bug-fix guides
    I already mentioned those on page 5. Yours is a bit more descriptive, though.

19. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    that was also in the final...