don't click here

S&K 0525 discussion

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 24, 2008.

1. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I started at Lava Reef 2 and played from there; all the bonus stages seemed to force "Night Mode" or whatever - where that dark screen covers most of the playing field. It was only turned on during those bonus stages and nowhere else.

2. Neo Geo MVS

Neo Geo MVS

Giga Power Pro-Gear Spec Oldbie
    In this build, Carnival Night Zone, Ice Cap Zone, and Launch Base Zone all have their Act 1 and Act 2 music switched. They are switched in the sound test, too.

3. Oh shit...

The hidden hidden palace area also has a S Monitor.

Wait, all sonic 3 levels accessable xD

Also, Knuckles doesn't kick hyper sonic's ass

Also: You don'T place a lightning shield monitor in debug, but a S monitor.

Also: In sky sanctuary Zone there are these ventilators that keep you from falling down

4. sorry for double post...

Now for obvious things:

For ICZ and FBZ I noticed this: Act 1 plays Act 2 Music and Act 2 plays Act 1 music.

The Credits song from Sonic 3 is still there.

Some S&K Songs are already there, while others still are sonic 3.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Also, no-one mentioned the latter half of Doomsday has no rings and asteroids and the projectiles the fleeing Robotnik fires at you aren't final graphics, especially the underneath weaponry.

6. Dominus Draconis

Dominus Draconis

Debug causes all sorts of graphical fun, such as at least 4 times, sonic staying as a garbled up monitor after changing back, this goes away when you complete the act, also, the hyper sonic music is MUCH more annoying, because it only plays the very first part over and over so it gets old much quicker(I still wish you could play super/hyper sonic/tails/knuckles and hear the original background music somehow, but, that was never in the games)

7. Yuzu

Yuzu

In hidden palace zone when knuckles is fighting Dr. Robotnik, you can slightly move Tails by the player 1 controller but not Sonic.

8. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    I'm pretty sure that you could do that in the Final of S3K.

9. Yuzu

Yuzu

I'm not really sure since I haven't played S3K for a while, I'll try it soon.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    He's more on about the fact Sonic can't move at ALL there whereas Tails can. In Final, you can whack Robotnik as much as you like.

11. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    You can tell, even without it being the 0525, that this is still in the earlier stages of development because it looks exactly the same as S3, but has functioning levels. So was the Title Art not as important as the levels? Then they must have replaced the title later on with the SK one, and then finally removed the levels.

12. Franz

Franz

ALL OF THE LIGHTS Member
    [​IMG]

Tails can get caught in the smoky thing, and while trapped in it, he falls slowly and with his walking animation.

And I don't know if it's mentioned somewhere else, but shields do not protect you from the exploding rocks

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    They don't protect from ANY projectiles.

14. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    Which if I recall correctly, in the final, shields protect you from ALL projectiles.

Which brings up this question. If you get a shield while super, for example, lightning shield. do projectiles bounce then or do they go through you.

15. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    MetalMan spoke of this earlier, and I just experienced this myself, after beating the Lave Reed Act '3' Boss, the platforms stay lit up and the one you stand on moves to another where you can jump from platform to platform. However! The lava below, while cooled off, still hurts you. A fun note is that even when in Debug mode, it still harms you, but can't kill you.

Edit: How much Debug mode fun can we post about? I mean, messing with an unfinished game with a debug mode that... well, throws a bunch of buggy goodness at you... you'll bound to get strange results. My most recent endeavors are...

-Without Debug(Without the USE of debug, that is), I was able to witness Metal Sonic freaking out at me, his spines turning into garbled messes while the rest of him stayed the same.

-With Debug, I was able to place a cloud at the credits screen and hve knuckles bounce at that while parts of 128x128 tiles fell down around me, and then watched Angel Island keep fall by me every five minutes or so. Kind of funny when you go fast forward.

-I'm not sure if this is available on the final, but on SSZ2, can you place the normal objects from Act 1 on there? Because you can here.

That's about it.

16. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    Yeah, this is clearly mislabeled. It's Sonic 3 A + Sonic 3 B, but unfortunately, the 2 roms will not boot seperately :( Can someone find a way to fix this? I want to see if the old Sonic 3 level select (probably) or even level order is in that build. Plus, there may be other differences we simply cannot see because the S&K data takes priority.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Aren't the levels with the switched act music the same which were completely changed in the PC version?

Now that would be quite a coincidence, right MJ?

18. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    It's not mislabled, Sonic 3B = Sonic & Knuckles. The Sonic 3 Rom is located from Hex offset 200000 just like in the final (being 16mbit carts and all). The Sonic 3 Rom can be extracted and booted no problem since it's an exact copy of the retail Sonic 3. So yeah, splitting the two roms won't yield any more secrets from Sonic 3 alone.

I was trying to run S&K alone to see if they had a different title screen (Sonic 3 Part II? :P ) but obviously they hadn't added the ability for the game to run without Sonic 3 yet.

19. MK

MK

Hacker Oldbie
    New England, USA
    Secret :o o:
    Sonic 3 is located in Sonic and Knuckles?... And I can't boot the 2 extracted ROMS, I think I did it wrong. Can you upload them please?

20. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    Sorry if this was pointed out already, but the title screen music sounds different. Listen through to the end and you'll notice a change.