don't click here

Sonic Community Radio Broadcast [ANNOUNCEMENT]

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Qjimbo, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    This is really an original and good idea to do something like that.
    I would have loved to join too, but my english speaking wouldnt be very good! :P

2. I know I'm not active, and that a few members haven't liked me too much in the past...but if it's possible, I'd like to participate. (Warning: I don't sound like I'm 18.)

3. Bibin

Bibin

DON'T LET THE SUN LAUGH AT YOU. Member
    New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Woo! Ready to goo; jsut got home. Do I just sit tight and wait to be called or what?

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    5mins till we go live!

5. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    And we're on! Is it just me, or is it stuttering a lot for everyone? It's like it's skipping about half a second forward every few seconds...

I wish I could join in, but I don't use Skype... and the mic channel on my PC is dead anyway :(

Edit - just tried the Shoutcast stream on my Wii Internet Channel, and on my iPod Touch. Neither work, guess you have to have a computer to listen!

6. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Sweet! Good deal! invite Biggestsonicfan if you so could happen to!

EDIT: I'm in, thanks a lot =D

7. So is it too late to join...?

8. Bibin

Bibin

New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    D'ah. Had to go right at the start after introduction.

9. JDAdams

JDAdams

I'm listening - no mike here though. If we're going to go through how this little lot was found that'd be great, but it's all good.

10. Bibin

Bibin

New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    I might be able to listen, but I certainly can't speak. I had to move away from the only microphone-posessing computer as it's not mine, and I'm now on mine.

I feel like a fool now; all I could do was introduce myself and say "Crap, I gotta go". /._.\

11. I'm just waiting here pathetically hoping by some miracle someone invites me.

12. Bibin

Bibin

New York City
    Ghost in the Machine
    Ah, works fine in VLC.

13. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Hope everyone who listened enjoyed the main show, we're still chatting but just casually, nothing as interesting as the first hour. A copy of the main show will be up soon.

14. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

15. belink

belink

This sure was a lot of fun to listen to. Hope everyone had a good time.

*applauds*

16. Shade

Shade

Ironically, the following 8-10 hours of skyping after the Hour-long feature broadcast was probably ten times as entertaining :P

In fact, as a result of it, the idea of regular community broadcasts seems to be a popular for both participants and listeners. Might be worth uploading some of the broadcast following the "Prototype Special", for people to download as well. A lot of people, myself included, have expressed they would like to have the recordings to listen to. Conversations seemed to flow better and prove more entertaining when they didn't feel so "forced". Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves, participants and listeners alike, when the broadcast unwinded into a freeform style.

Don't get me wrong: For the occasion, the hour-long feature was excellent and I think it went great. And it was most certainly appropriate. However, the most positive reaction came from us just unwinding on skype after the fact. In fact it went on for over 12 hours! So future broadcasts will probably not be so topical and organized, as it turned out to be ten times as entertaining when it wasn't.

Extremely fun times were had tonight. We had a lot of listeners, too. A crowning success, I daresay.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves; we look forward to organizing future broadcasts!

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    :P You guys didn't invite me back in.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I kept suggesting it, but everybody ignored me... XD

Would be glad to do another conference tomorrow, though. :D

19. 10 HOURS? Wut? That's 2x as much as I was there.

Well, Tweaker that's a good idea. I would love to join a second conference. How about making a weekly prototype finding skypecast?

20. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

I don't agree personally, a lot of people were commenting in the IRC that they preferred the first hour actually, and found us rambling not so interesting.

I'll still go through and put it all online though when I have the chance.

EDIT: It's up!

Sonic Community Skypecast [Postgame].mp3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.