don't click here

It's coming...

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 17, 2008.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    On the Sonic & Knuckles Collection CD, one of the screen saver files is called KNACKLES or something like that, iirc.

2. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    In Japanese, the English "uh" sound becomes "a". Hence, Nakkuruzu for Knuckles, etc. which then leads to hilarity when the Japanese attempt to translate it back to English.

3. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    that's because the u sound in japanese is a hard u sound, not a soft one. I.E. Nu sounds like turd, not nUts. A is often substituted for a soft u, but the opposite isn't nearly as prevalent. Although I guess I just explained why it's studium instead of stadium lol

well, kinda. There is no "a" so to speak. Each japanese sound is a continent followed by a vowel, I.e. "na, ni, nu, ne, no (?????)" and each vowel is the equivalent of the hard vowel in english, with the exception of "a". Like the "I" sound isn't the same as in "is," it's more like "knEE," but the "a" sound is like "apple," not "ace." So "na (?)" is the closest they can get to "nuh."

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I know Japanese, thanks :P

The vowels are almost the same as in Italian.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    ...And Spanish.

We never have any problems with Japanese vowels over here, since they're the same (albeit pronounced a bit different).

EDIT: I think we're getting a bit off-topic here...

6. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    [​IMG]

Essentially. :(

May not have been looked into, but any chance Tails' Skypatrol might be hidden in there? Maybe even half considered for release in the States? Monsterland IV?

I wonder if they still got their Test Teams to test Master System games at the time? Still popular in Europe and the like, I'd love to know if a MS version of Triple Trouble was ever considered.

Edit: Hey while I'm here I'll pimp a few things.

A) I'm currently a Game tester myself at the moment. Oh the amount of burnt DVDs of the different prototypes we have floating around...
    B) I've got some shit up on Ebay again: http://search.ebay.com.au/_W0QQsassZrlan2 Includes a lot of rare, sealed stuff too. Like Castlevania: Bloodlines SEALED :D

7. Oh yeah, my brother works for www.splashgames.de - we got a F.E.A.R beta (x360) and stuff :P and a Viewtiful Joe beta-trial-preview-whatever. Several burned games (oh shit behold: allstar poker preview copy on a fucking EMTEC DVD)

8. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Rlan, using a popular thread to advertise your auctions isn't going to impress people =P

9. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I hope you're archiving them :P

10. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    There are loose vowels too though :P

And English isn't my first language, so I didn't really think of explaining the pronunctiation difference since they sound pretty much the same in my language (with the exception of the U)

11. Evil Crusader

Evil Crusader

Uh oh, noticed this thread just now.... well, at least I'll have to suffer only a couple of days before going straight to Heaven *ç* !

And I've spent a couple hours thoroughly reading everything :drool:

Even though I've never met or seen you, I love you so much.

And I'm truly looking forward to the Bare Knuckle protos. AND Comix Zone.

Since I haven't found any sign of answer, I'm bringing back this question. Oh, and I hope there'll be a complete list of everything you'll be releasing... :drool:

12. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    HOLY HELL RLAN!

Man this is bring out tons of old members!
    Who's next? Pachuka?

hey that Beta SatAM game isn't in there is it?

13. Franz

Franz

ALL OF THE LIGHTS Member
    I'm kinda stretching the chances here, but I would love to know if there is a Columns (or Columns III, which is more likely) proto in this pack.

Also omg the day after tomorrow, I can hardly wait!

14. SpinelSun

SpinelSun

Oldbie
    Well, yes, obviously.

Do YOU know how to prounounce "stud" like in english? Its Not "Stu" as in Stew or ???? Shichuu, if that's what you were thinking...
    Stud=???? Sutaddo.

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Oh my goodnesss. I completely forgot that the SatAM game they had planned was from around that time.

And I was thinking about it this morning too, I think.

16. They planned a SatAM game? Wasn't the Mean Bean game based on that?

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The SatAM game was a sidescroller—Mean Bean Machine was based off AoStH, not SatAM.

18. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    You mean the one with that video?

I doubt that was ever programmed, looks like they got as far as the pretty concept video and that was it.

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Erm...

That video was made from a concept game program. It wasn't Genesis, though—it was an Amiga prototype or something. It was definitely programmed to that extent, though.

20. Mr. Ksoft

Mr. Ksoft

I was under the impression it was an animation done on the Amiga version of DeluxePaint.