don't click here

It's coming...

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 17, 2008.

1. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Hey drx, are you going to release those Dreamcast/Gamecube/Xbox games that you got last year on the 23rd too?

:):):):):)

2. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    Let's hope for a Streets of Rage 3 proto-type, then. That'd be so fucking awesome.

3. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Yeah.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    WTF this all is just too good to be true for me >_>

5. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    You know what really surprises me? No one has gone "FAKE yet.

(PS I KNOW they're not fake, I'm just saying I'm surprised no one has said it yet)

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Well, let's be realistic—there's skepticism, and there's stupidity. I think we've learned to draw the line quite well. :)

7. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I hope so, I really don't wanna ready any "GENOCIDE CIDY WAS SCRAPPID BECUZ THE NAEM WUZ BAD THIS IS PRUUF!" posts

8. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    Woww !
    I 'm impressed a lot with the Sonic 3 Beta's shot. Lava Reef Zone in Sonic 3...That's pretty a lot.
    DRX... You're fabulous, man !!

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Well, considering all the fuss drx has been making about actually trying to get these protos up until now, those of us who actually have been paying any attention to this forum know better, or else believe that this is one of the most elaborately crafted hoaxes ever -- and why the hell would drx all of a sudden decide to make this fake? He's had too much clout in the scene already to make some attention-grabbing maneuver that would end up just blowing up in face anyway, and possibly lead to fraud charges -- since donations have apparently been made.

10. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Just I didn't want to make it too explicit just in case I was wrong :/ I'm not sure about it. I have the feeling it's true, just that it won't be as good as we think (you know, exageration and such).

11. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I think he confirmed he has at least one in the irc last night, if I remember right.

12. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    You idiot, that comes after they're released (usually within one/two days to let it "soak in")

I already have mine typed out!

13. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Over at sonic cult there's already a few "this could be a hoax" posts.

14. Skaarg

Skaarg

Also we all know DRX will upload a massive torrent, and it will take till April 1st before someone finishes downloading, and then.. (kidding of course)

In all seriousness we all know they're not fake. Especially due to the large amount of money involved with this.

15. I believe there are several BK3/ SOR3 protos.

And if it will be a large 1gb torrent, is this not the greatest opportunity for one, mass HD 1600x1200 Rickroll?

16. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Erm... That wouldn't include Ristar, by any chance?

Perhaps emulators should just start supporting this format, so official builds could be tried without interleaving them manually or anything.

EDIT:
    I know this was a reference to the April Fool's joke, but it might actually be a good idea if there's way too much stuff to organize for next week.

17. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    this isn't good guys, it's monday morning and I can't sleep cause I'm thinking about this =/

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Don't worry, that's normal.

What I hate about this, is that I probably won't be home when IT happens. =(

19. JoseTB

JoseTB

Tech Member
    There's a feel rom, but game gear only - and the title screen already appears as ristar. At least so far, new stuff keep poping from the archive as he finds it.

And no, this is not a hoax. And if it were, drx really worked his ass off with this one then =P

20. Peruant

Peruant

Just dropping in through gaps Member
    I expect a lot of visits when it does come out and rom dissecting.

So if Ristar was on GG, the graphics would have been toned down so much then its Genesis counterpart. If I recall, Ristar has rich, colorful scenery.