don't click here

It's coming...

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    Holy shit.

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    This post is to prevent someone from saying "drx's shot is showing a fade-in transition as you can see by the HUD palette, wouldn't it be possible that Sonic's palette was fading in as well?" (I'm sure someone was going to ask)

The answer is: no, in the final. Sonic's palette line is never faded in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, nor in plain Sonic 3.

Of course we can't tell yet about that proto's behaviour, and we can't compare it with Sonic 2, as it doesn't fade at all.

3. Kama

Kama

Sittin on my Bench, Watchin the sunset. Member
    Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    Becoming a freelance artist and writer
    Awesome. It's like Christmas all over again.

Nice work.

Hopefully we'll see more of Wood Zone. God I wanted to see how far that got in development (Before it was axed).

4. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I don't believe it does in all circumstances - perhaps it varies between versions or which render settings you use. I've had Gens produce shots with and without the letterbox.

Sonic 2 Wai Beta fades in :P

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I don't think Sonic 3 was built off Sonic 2 Beta <.<
    I was talking about Sonic 2 Final.

6. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Hence the :P emote. >.>

Anyway, the reason for the lack of fading in for Sonic/Tails/life icon/HUD is because those sprites use the same palette line as the title card. The title card appears before the level fades in, so those sprites have to instantly appear with full colors just before the fade starts. In real time play, this isn't noticed.

So, it's just about impossible for Sonic/Tails to be fading in in that screenshot.

7. I'll give ya $20 US to see the S3 proto early.

8. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    How about you just give drx $20 US and get the protos on the 23rd like everyone else?

9. It was worth a shot.

10. Others have contributed a lot more and still have to wait ;) be patient, sometimes the waiting period can be fun too. And yes there are hundreds of protos there, it's a veritable GOLDMINE of betas :)

11. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Remember, not all are Sonic protos. So don't imagine 100s of Sonic protos or something =P

12. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    This all explains the wait. Extracting, identifying, sorting, and uploading this many different prototypes will take some time.

13. Master3k

Master3k

:shocked:
    (NOTE:I didn't had time to read all the 9 pages of this topic)
    About the S2B:

Isn't that the same proto we saw on the photos on S2B.com? Because if yes, that would be interesting. REALLY interesting.

About the S3 Beta:

FUCK ME NOW. That is looking simply so fucking interesting...That will be my birthday gift (even though the birthday is on the end of march).

About the chaotix:

I never really got interest on Knuckles chaotix beta, but that is still win.

Good work, drx and everyone else who helped. :)

14. Gunner112k

Gunner112k

Catch Thirty-Three Oldbie
    WOW! What a way to shoot the Sonic hacking community back to its golden years. This is the stuff some of us would DREAM of as youngsters!

drx, you are the most dedicated person I've ever met online, you should be proud of yourself! You're making people like me come out of the working world to ignite that fire we all had at some point in the past couple of years! I haven't touched anything Sonic related in many months, but these prototypes are most definitely worth making a comeback!

2008 shapes up to be a GREAT year for all of us. Muchos thankos to drx, you will never be praised enough for your contributions. Props to you!

15. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I must command man_traic here. He has donated several thousand to help fund this lot. So big kudos to him, and everyone else who donated (I will of course include a full list donators along with the release)

And yeah, the main reason for the wait is that I need to sort through the prototypes, build them. There are many many different formats, many things are passworded and I need to crack them or find passwords to them. I hope I will be able to sort everything out by 23rd =)

16. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    You should seriously set up a google checkout. My paypal account is screwed at the moment so I can't donate. I'd give you at least $100.

17. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    I see what you did there.

Also unrelated: Any news on an earlier Sonic CD beta?

18. @P.P.A - I answered

19. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    yo folks.

glad to see this came to fruitation drx.

20. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Hundreds of betas? WTH?!