don't click here

Michael Jackson's role in Sonic 3 confirmed!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mad Echidna, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
  2. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    Looks like they lifted a lot of that off my article erroneously saying that MJ is Scirocco when we know it's otherwise.

3. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Am I wrong or was there an article which suggested that SEGA had to remove all of MJ's music from Sonic 3 at the last minute due to the scandal revelations?

4. Skaarg

Skaarg

His music was changed for the PC version of the game.

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wow, reading this thread is making me cringe.

MJ's music WAS removed. The remaining "MJ music" wasn't by MJ himself, it was by his associates, and not ALL the music by his associates was removed, either, assuming Cirocco did Hydrocity like his discography implies. Any implication that any of MJ's music is still left in the game is completely false, however.

6. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    I think that might have been in the 6-page "making of S3&K" article in GamesTM that I transcribed. S2Beta went down about 2 days later and all my work was removed from the internet. :)

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    http://s2beta.org/forums/index.php?showtop...view=getnewpost

Feel free to repost it if you want, as well. That was an extremely interesting topic.

8. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    This is all I get when I click on the link:

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Sorry about that - try now. The trick is to use .org, as it points to an older forum backup.

EDIT: Damn, the link still redirects. I wonder if SS can rip the topic or something...

10. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    Was I right? did they remove ALL his work? I know someone did a video saying there a similarities between some of the Zone Musics E.G. Ice Cap Zone and some of MJs music...

11. CloverCC

CloverCC

Apperantly, there's been so much talk about Sonic 3 and Michael Jackson, and there's still much I'd like to know..

Hypothetically, If it is true that MJ's songs were removed, what were they going to be like (Also, I'm hypothetically implying that the credits/icecap/etc doesn't exsist in this situation, being if ALL of MJ's tracks were infact completley removed)? Would they be original tracks? Previously released album tracks? Would they stay true to the sonic-style music?

And again, using the key word "Removed", does this mean that somewhere, there is infact a prototype/beta version of Sonic 3 containing the tracks before taken out? Because, If they were removed, then I'm assuming that means they were at one point in the game (and possibly completed, especially if it were removed "At the last minute").

12. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    That "someone" is Qjimbo. And the video is here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JbVM-l2Oku4.

13. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    that's the one! sorry Qjimbo if your still about! That was a decent video you produced.

14. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    From what I've seen, his team, but not Jacko himself, composed a chunk o' music.

It's too bad Howard Drossin doesn't compose Sonic tracks anymore... if I'm correct in saying he did Doomsday Zone, then he'd be responsible for one of my favorite music tracks from the games.

15. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Saw this thread from the Wiki. I have to chuckle a bit that people thought Scirocco was Michael. Five minutes of research would prove otherwise (including that Scirocco has, in his discography, working with MJ).

Also, QJimbo owns so hardcore for that video, I still like going back to it now and then.

16. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Aw you guys make me feel all warm and fuzzy!

But yes the thing with that documentary is making it and sharing it made people do a lot more research into the area making it a bit outdated now. I still kinda want to redo it but with interviews and proper credible evidence.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It would be nice to have all the info we got about Sonic 3's music in one place... Although some stuff like the email LOst received might be lost somewhere in the board.

18. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Yeah, but it doesn't make it clear. The similarities are the way patterns are written. Just listen to FM channel 1 in IceCap and you'll understand where the similarity is...

19. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy64vhS1iPk

You wanna see how close the Staff Roll music was to Stranger in Moscow?
    The two songs have been played together, slightly edited, while showing the "impossible special stage".

20. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    I'll make an appearance to say READ THIS PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE MJ HAS NONE OF HIS WORK IN S3. HE COMPOSED ORIGINAL SONGS THAT WERE SCRAPPED DUE TO THE SCANDLE.

Gah why can't people get that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.