don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yeah, I'm not particularly suprised; about how far does it go in?

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    As far as I remember, it's the full song, but with severe instrument follies. I have a pack of savestates that play each song in the level select here, sorted by sound test value.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    In Sonic 3, two things can injure Super Sonic. The first is in Launch Base Zone, and when you get caught by Eggman in Launch Base zone at the final boss you get slammed to the ground and you lose all of your rings. But the second is an odd one that must not of been fixed thinking no one would access it. In Ice Cap Zone, you can use a glitch to get into Knuckles path in Act 1. There are these spiky snowball things in the air. Normally you should be able to destroy them as Super sonic, but instead you lose all your rings. Kinda odd.

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I didn't know this, do you mind if I show this on YouTube?

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What the glitch or the spiky snowballs of pain? Sure you can use either or them.

The glitch is that if you look down, then jump, the screen scrolls all the way and you can run through those walls that normally only knuckles can break.

6. nineko

nineko

italy
    Yeah, I knew about the Sonic in Knuckles' path glitch (and I already made a video of that like an year ago), I'm going to make one about the snowy things.
    Thanks.

edit: done

7. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Was this fixed in S3&K?

I can't see any reason why that would happen, anyway.

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    IIRC, yes and no. Both things mentioned are things that only Sonic/Super Sonic/Hyper Sonic are vulnerable to. Super/Hyper Knuckles cannont be damaged by either.

I always thought it was intentional to show off Super/Hyper Knuckles's power

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It was actually fixed in S3&K. I bet they had to fix it or else Knuckles might get injured while going down that path in Super form making people go wtf. As far as Sonic 3 though, Sonic's not supposed to go there anyways, so they probably just didn't care.

10. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Here's a crazy one:

PART OF WAVE OCEAN IS IN THE PIXAR MOVIE, THE INCREDIBLES... or maybe it's the other way around, seeing that the movie is from '04.

This is specifically the part where Dash is running on the water along the looping rock formations and several grunts are in hovercopter-esque fighter vehicles flying after him and destroying said rock formations. Followed by a cave section.

Actually, I think it would have been REALLY COOL if Sonic was having to outrun Shadow chasing after him in a faster gliding gunner.
    That > mach speed sections.

[SEGA basing their level designs on a movie? I don't believe it! </sarcasm>]

11. 87th

87th

FOX HOUNDER Member
    Just noticed the little bit missing on the left hand side of the S&K cart. Does anybody know what that's about?
    [​IMG]

12. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    I'm probably going to get a lot of "DUUUUUH"s for this, but until just a couple days ago, I had no idea that, in Sonic 2, debug mode doesn't work for Tails.

I guess I never bothered to try before.

13. nineko

nineko

italy
    O rly?

It is on page one, too.

14. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Meh, why does invision even have a search engine if it doesn't work? Oh well, I just moved my post.

15. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
    Anyone noticed this?
    [​IMG]
    More Sonic CD in Chaotix(I don't mean Mighty sprites, but the buzzsaw).

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yeah, but I thought the saws were more obvious in the Metalsonic battle.

17. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    I've ran into that "oddity" in Sonic 1.

18. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
    I don't think so; you pay more attention to them in the special stages. You're not going to look to something that or you run away or it'll hit you.

19. nineko

nineko

italy
    Found with debug mode, but I'm posting this since it may contain useful info about collision or something.

If you place an "elevator" in HTZ and you jump on it, it will allow you to travel through walls and every kind of tile. Only other objects (including badniks) will be able to interact with you. I'd like to know why the elevator ignores the collision data, and perhaps this can be useful for someone, I recall that RHS was working on a monitor with that purpose.

And obviously the ride will never end since you didn't place the 1C object thing.

20. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    [​IMG]

S1 badnik designs in Sonic Heroes.