don't click here

Some important information you all should be in on

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scarred Sun, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    holy shit awesome

I suddenly feel like designing some buttons.

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Now 100% of the forum agrees.

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Cool, but on the retro skin, the member colors are too neon to be read without squinting.

4. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Retro's pretty jacked up in general right now. I'll need some time to fix it.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Perhaps I'm a little late. The only thing I'd like changed on the banner is that you use the Sonic and Tails from the S2Beta logo. I don't know why, but I don't like the current one.

6. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I think we need a Super Sonic[Remix] style of the Rusted Copper now. Only then would this be completely awesome. It's good as it is though, but could be better. :P

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    This is Sonic Retro, not Sonic & Shitty Tails Retro >:/

8. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    It's still Sonic 2 Beta to me—silly name change be damned.

All the 'current' logos look scatterbrained. Most likely because it's a grammatical nightmare to try to combine 'Sonic Retro' and 'Sonic 2 Beta' in a title, but also because one is vertical and the other was horizontal in shape. One was colorful and the other wasn't.

Not the fault of the artist, though—being pulled every which way by a sea of disagreeing voices makes it hard to concentrate.

Perhaps it'd be easier if the Sonic 2 Beta url/skin stayed the same, and vice versa for the Sonic Retro one. And then you'd have a third skin with the combination stuff.

But don't change the logo itself over me—I don't want to contribute to its further constant changes, as it isn't my thing to dictate. It'd be a lot easier if it stayed one or another, or a third one in a separate style was made--'cause it's getting pretty silly. (As the guys who made a logo-plastered logo alluded to)

Also, you don't speak for me, Chimpo.

9. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Well, there's always the Super Sonic Remix skin (and if anyone changes the logo on it to the combination logo, there will be HELL to pay - I like my forums with the S2B logo, and SSR is the skin I use, so leave it alone =P).

Perhaps the best method is to have skins with both logos - that way, those who are partial to the S2B logo can keep it while still allowing new members and others who don't care to use the new logo.

10. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    My only gripe, since we have "Rusted Copper" can we please have the old logo on Polished Copper?

11. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

I second this.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    ...WILL YOU STOP BITCHING ABOUT THE LOGO. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

On a more serious note, we have a lot of shit to take care of at the moment, and worrying about logo choices isn't exactly one of them. The quiz is still broken, and so is approval... So please, if the logo is so important to you, use GreaseMonkey or something to hack it in.

13. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Everyone should use "Sonic Retro" anyway!

:DDD

Also, I think every skin should have the "Retro" top bar. Otherwise the Wiki is missing altogether..

14. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Logo compaints... aaaaaAAAAAAAAAA

HAY GUYS HOW ABOUT THIS ONE THEN
    [​IMG]
    MUCH BETTER YES

No logo is going to be universally liked. Deal. :/

15. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
  16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  17. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
  18. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    ...erm, I think that one would fit better on a certain 'glowing' forum. :P

19. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Coming in extremely late (and out of the woodwork), but I figured I'd toss my two cents in when my bookmark decided that this was Sonic Retro and not Sonic 2 Beta Page:

Sonic Retro was birthed by Sonic Classic, which branched off Sonic 2 Beta Page. "Sonic Retro", the name, the site, all of it, is only three years old. Sonic 2 Beta Page is significantly older, one of the earliest Sonic research sites. It's been around a LONG, long time, and both the site and name have a LOT of history behind them. The Sonic 2 Beta Page is the reason several other sites and forums exist today, and I have to disagree with the decision (or trial-decision, or whatever the fuck you're calling it) to merge Sonic 2 Beta Page and Sonic Retro into Sonic Retro. I can't think of an appropriate analogy, but having S2BP and Retro merge into Retro, when S2BP has/had more community-historical significance (including branching off into Classic, which branched off into Retro).

I honestly think this is a poor idea.

Sonic Retro should be the Wiki (and a subsection of the boards) and nothing more than that if the website, forums, and wiki are to combine. Sonic 2 Beta has long stood as a research site, whose focus lies within and without Sonic.

My two cents may not mean much since I haven't been around in a long time, but I will put out the idea (whether it's been said already or not) that Sonic 2 Beta Page remains the name of the site and forums, while Sonic Retro gets a subforum and retains the name of the wiki.

20. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    1. That would completely defeat the point.

2. ...you're a bit late. It's already done.

EDIT: Once again, I see bitching about the name. The name DOES NOT MATTER - the content does. I can't stress this enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.