don't click here

What's a happen

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Sazpaimon, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Approve this man. He's been a lot wiser then some of the others I've seen lately.:(

2. I concur verily. ; )

Also, LocalH, I just want to say that it makes me really happy to see the "leaders" of the opposing sides cooling off and working this stuff out. That's top-notch administration, not holding a grudge. And Sazpaimon, good luck with your new position here; you've got experience, and I'm sure you won't let us down.

3. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Tsk tsk, with Tweaker de-adminned I might actually have to do some work. :P

I've been away for a couple of days (and I never visit the IRC) but from what I've read, I would've banned Qjimbo without a second thought. That's up to LocalH though.

4. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Yay, drama.

Let me verify the one thing that is relevant to me personally: Are the forums still working? Yes? Ok, good. Moving on . . .

5. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    The only problem I had with Tweaker being an admin was having everyone retake the quiz and being retrialed for membership. I thought it was a rather irrational decision, and I hope it never has to happen again.

Although I'm a bit unsure of Saz being admin again, I'll still give him the benefit of a doubt.

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    That was a group decision, dear.

7. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    And yet almost everyone blames you. :thumbsup:

8. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Apparently, he was a good scapegoat.

9. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Saz did most of the work on that quiz. In fact, he seemed far more interested in making it happen than anyone else. Did I ever tell the story about how he spammed #s2techies for over a month asking for quiz questions?

10. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.

OK. But it would've been better to have had that clarified to every user that it was a group decision, so there'd be less misunderstanding.

11. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    It was made clear. Plus, taking the test again was not so painful, and this stuff was not the only thing Tweaker did as an admin.

BTW I'd like to ask for validation before my trial period ends, because it has been quite some time I've been stuck in this state, and seeing the "important notice" at the top of the forum is becoming pretty boring. If I'm not to be validated, put me in PA now. Thanks.

12. Zweih

Zweih

Open the glove box Member
    Calyce Creations
    Well, sounds like stupid internet shit happened in the past couple of days :D

Also, last post, later Sonic Community!

13. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    At least this is starting to get resolved. We don't need any more drama on this board.

Looking back, I can't see any problems QJimbo and the other people involved in this would have with Tweaker's adminship (the retrial was just confirmed to be a group decision) other that he "wasn't Simon". I see the exact same common complaints at QJimbo's board (e.g. Member's Lounge is filled with spam) that I do at this board, so I can't help but think that nothing would have changed either way.

Anyway, hopefully all this shit will start to clear soon.

(also, I'm taking this post to announce I'm back after two months of inactivity)

14. paul

paul

Still an idiot! Member
    United Kingdom
    Drum Maestro? No, it wasn't possible.
    There's a grand total of one spam thread (the Butz thread). The fact that a single thread is considered crossing the line is the biggest problem and reason for a split.

15. RMC

RMC

Professional Own Zoner Member
    owning u
    S2beta sure is swell, aint it guys?

16. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    It should properly be called "Sonic 2 Drama."

Seriously, I just wish the arguing would stop. It's lost all sense and is degenerating into meaningless babble to me, like when you reuse a word too many times.

17. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    From what I see, the drama has stopped, actually, and only a few people are throwing fits.

18. Actually, it seems to me that at this point, the only real drama going on is the people complaining about the drama. : P

19. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    Lol, awesome.

For a community that claims to be more mature and intelligent than the vast majority of Sonic communities, you sure know how to make the shit hit the fan pretty spectacularly.

And that pretty much says that.

I'm now going to work out if I have enough time to make every post twice on a carbon copy of the same forum, or decide which of the two appeals to me more, I guess.

As far as the random Tweaker hatred I think I am detecting, I'm fairly sure that's just scapegoating because the brief times I spoke to him and came across him, all of which were for s2beta.com related reasons, he was a perfectly friendly and helpful guy and it was a pleause to exchange text with him.

So I won't pretend to understand what that's about. Jealousy, fear of change, whatever it is. It's all daft.

Meh.

20. I repeat my previous statement.