don't click here

Would you buy into Sonic Shuffle 2?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by stormislandgal, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    It'd be interesting to see how it'd turn out, am I right? I mean if it weren't for the shitty load times and equally shitty story idea behind it, it'd be pretty good, right? That and not riding unicorns to different spots on the map. =P

Also, I'd hope to god they wouldn't cel shade it. It just doesn't work with Sonic. Stuff like DQ8 and the like are probably the only things where cel shading is good. =P

by the way, I'm posting moar. =P

2. Taco

Taco

NintenDan Member
    NIU. Dekalb, Illinois
    Reclaiming my throne as sonic advance king >:O
    I've never played sonic shuffle, sadly : /

But it is very much like a mario party type game, correct?

If so, it would be very interesting to see this on the Wii. Nintendo's latest system could do with some mario party type games. If this were to happen though, I would hope that they don't make the same mistake they did with Mario Party 4 when the Nintendo Gamecube just came out

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Oh god yes! :D

It's the reason I want Secret Rings, because the VS mode is practically a shuffle 2.

Speaking of, I think that would be a good character selection for a sequel since it pleases fans of the old and new.
    For those who don't know, Secret Rings's party mode selection is:
    Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy
    Shadow, Cream, Silver, Blaze

But yeah, I loved that game...in fact I still play it when my nephews visit.
    Come to think of it, the premise of Secret Rings would have been a good story idea what with the going into the book and all.

However, I think there should be about 100 mini games instead of 40 and the boss battles could be mini games of their own..I'd propose actual mini boss fights where you can't take damage.

As for the duels, those should be all out Fighters style character brawls where you actually get to beat each other for the right to keep the space you're sharing. The loser should be sent back a few spaces.

I can actually come up with some special board movement ideas for the last 4 too...check it:

Shadow - Chaos Control. Using two identical cards in a row lets you warp to any space within that range. (Ex. play a 4, then another 4 and you can go anywhere within 8 spaces)

Cream - flight. Nothing special, she can use Tails's flight spaces.

Silver - Levitate. Play a six and you can cross gaps on the board.

Blaze - Fire Boost. Playing doubles lets you boost to the next space, makes you immune to minus ring spaces, and takes rings from anyone in your path. (rings lost is equal to the loss rate of that turn..increases as the game progresses).

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I thought Sonic Shuffle was fun. And since I was so young, I never really noticed the loading times. As long as they could do it right, I'd love to see a Sonic Shuffle 2

By the way, SSR is NOT Sonic Shuffle 2. The boards are all pretty much retarded filler, each with some random gimmick (Not really moving around. Any moving or board stats are based off places you came in mini games)

5. Nope. Never been a fan of so-called "party games."

6. Just to confirm: Are they truly making a SS2? Or is this topic merely a matter of opinion, if one would actually buy it?

You know, if they did, I hope it turns out to be more than Mario Party. I don't mean the classic, N64 MP's, those were great. The Gamecube ones have excellent minigames, but storylines, are, well...existant, but suck ass. They're not even "stories." They've practically taken away the reason to do single player.

Hmm, if a SS2 was on the Wii...perhaps. I just hope they don't follow the current horrible trend Mario Party has.

7. CloverCC

CloverCC

I don't care how improved people would say if there was a sequel, I swore myself to never play a sonic title with the words "Sonic" and "shuffle" again. I was better off with Sonic Eraser.

8. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Sounds interesting, but I'd only buy it once it hit $10.

Mario Party fatigue syndrome, needless to say.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This topic is just opinion based. But who could forget Mario Party 7's AWESOME story line.

"Mario is taking a walk one day, when Toadsworth says "MARIO! Want to go on a cruise?" So Mario invites all his friends (Apparently, Wario, Waluigi, Birdo, Boo, and Dry Bones are his "Friends"). OH SHITZ But wait, Bowser is in a tisy because he wasn't invited. So Bowser goes and tries to make their vacation shit. Oh isn't that just like Bowser now?"

WTF were they thinking?

10. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

When was the last time you played a party game with a good storyline?

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Never, they've all sucked.

12. I definatly would buy a Sonic Shuffle 2. The load times wern't a problem to me on the 1st one. After attemping to run games on the PCSX2 ps2 emulator at 5fps, loads times sorta no longer bother you. I thought it was a really enjoyable game... on Multiplayer that is.

13. quartzlcc

quartzlcc

test-object's worst nightmare. Member
    California
    lrning2hack
    Sonic Shuffle 2 would really own. I always thought that Sonic Team should make a second one, and I see that I am not the only one to think that. Sonic Shuffle was a fun multiplayer game- definately the best that I've ever played. I played it a lot with my sister. xD What's this about long load screens anyway? I was never impatient with them for some reason... And, after playing the piece of shit Sonic The Hedgehog for X360 and PS3, it makes Morrowind loading screens look good. xP I'd definately get a Sonic Shuffle 2 the day it came out- it would totally pwn on the Wii. I looked at Sonic And The Secret Rings multiplayer mode and said "Sonic Shuffle", sooo... I really need to get a Wii. And SSR. @_@

14. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I have no personal gripes with the loading screens, that was based merely on many opinions I've heard over the years. They could've been a bit shortened though.

15. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

I haven't played Shuffle in a while, but the loading screens never bothered me. They weren't THAT long, and I've never seen a loading screen last more than a minute (except on a computer or an online game, when it lags). So yeah, I would definitely get a Sonic Shuffle 2 if it came out.

16. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    From what I've seen Level 5 is really the only company that's good with cel-shading. As for a new Sonic Shuffle, they'd pretty much have to remake to the game from scratch to make it good. I can't really think of anything I liked about Sonic Shuffle.

I'm posting more too. I need to get the hell out of being a trial member and becoming a normal member again. I should have no problem as long as it's not saz or tweaker doing the judgments, I should be fine.

17. Sonic Shuffle was a good multi-player game, and with all the shit Sonic Team is putting out right now SS2 dose not sound bad...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T HAVE BIG IN IT SONIC TEAM!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.