don't click here

YTMND sued by Sega over StH sites!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shadow Hog, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TapamN

TapamN

Sega's normally pretty good about stuff like this... remember SegaSonic.Net? The one that hosted sites which hosted ROMs and even a recording of the JP Sonic OVA? Sega ended up paying SSNTails for the domain. And then there's Sonic Stuff, which was hosting ROMs and MP3s of OSTs. What did Sega complain about? Only that they were hosting the Sonic Advance 3 beta, of which there were rumors at the time implying that it was the final version, despite all of the bugs. Sega left the rest of Sonic Stuff alone.

2. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Kids, there's nothing more cool then making Sonic YTMND's. But if Sega tries to touch your Sonic YTMND in a place or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, that's no good!

Serious though, Sega of Europe is full of crap. They might as well take down every fan fiction/role play/whatever on the internet, because O NOEZ PPLZ WILL THINK SEGA SAID IT.

3. CloverCC

CloverCC

Well.. That rap is quite catchy. :thumbsup: I can say that was a 'good' response.

4. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    While Sega of Europe seemed to have got all ONOS THEY MADE FUN OF SONIC!!!!1, the response by YTMND only goes to show that they're a bunch of fuckin' retards that need to be taken into the street, and shot. Forget finding the computer room. Where the fuck are the brain surgeons?

Oh, and another thing...

Why the fuckin' RAP? Rap isn't music. It's just a bunch of words put together, spoken in a pathetic rhythm, all sounding monotonous.</rant>

5. Divisible by Waffle

Divisible by Waffle

Impatient Echidna Member
    Somewhere in Oreeyguhn
    Failing at fixing game cartridges
    I don't like rap in the least, but that response was still brilliant. And I'm tired of seeing game companies going all faggy; what happened to the Fair Use law or whatever that keeps Square-Enix (shit, almost called them Squaresoft) from destroying the hell out of 8-Bit Theater?

6. Agent ME

Agent ME

Void where prohibited Member
  7. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    Here's my 2 cents on the whole thing:
    http://lolsonicfairuse.ytmnd.com/
    I'll also add that I hope Sega Europe gets their heads out of their asses and realizes that YTMND is based in the United States, and our First Amendment rights allow parody, plus, obviously, we have fair use rights. I'm going to do my part to try to get people to boycott Sega products until they back down from this bullshit, given that they don't have any legal basis for this shit anyway.

8. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    I thought the rap sucked. "Sonic ain't been hot since Mortal Kombat 1?" Pffft. Yea right. Sonic Adventure 1 was one of the last good Sonic games we've had. (Next to Rush and Advance 1 mind you)

9. Danske

Danske

Pending Member
    New york, New york!!
    Not particularly. I just draw, alot.
    You forgot the IMO big time. Why even say something that retarded?

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I, for one, agree with Shadow Fire's opinion. Sega Europe is being retarded, but YTMND has their head up their ass too.

But that's nothing new.

11. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
  12. Shade

Shade

Three things:

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    After playing Sonic 360, I firmly want YTMND to win, regardless of how many memes they steal.

3)
    Best response ever.

13. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
  14. CloverCC

CloverCC

15. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
    I hate Sega.

16. I don't see why some of you continue to have it out against YTMND. What'd they do?

17. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    <3

18. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Feh... in my opinion, Squaresoft never should have merged with Enix. On their own, their games were great... merged... they're sub-par... not to mention that Uematsu-san (Nobuo Uematsu - music composer for Final Fantasy games) has pretty much severed ties with them... but back on topic here...

I don't need to add IMO... because people know it's my opinion. Oh, and as for saying something that 'retarded' as you put it... I say it because I can. It's my right as an Australian.

19. CloverCC

CloverCC

Really, there's nothing bad specifically with this rap (Though, of course, Sega begs to differ :P), IMO. Atleast I could understand the lyrics, unlike other raps.

20. I can't believe Sega is doing such a pointless thing. They think people will get confused with YTMND being official Sega material...? C'mon, anyone with half a brain could see otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.