don't click here

Time to get new protos, maybe? Yes!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Hello ladies! :boxing:

I'm planning to buy a batch of prototypes, as some of you might already know. Here's the list:

Toejam & Earl 2
    Earthworm Jim 2
    Garfield
    Lion King
    Sonic 3d Blast
    Sonic Labirynth GG
    Tails Adventures GG

I want to offer the guy $1000 for the lot ($200 for each of the first four, $250 for sonic 3d, $200 for each of GG = 1450, but buying it in a batch will result in a discount)

So since most of you got xmas money and I didn't (I got a sorry $30 from my 8 year old brother), I WANT YOUR MONEY.

Donations go to [email protected].

Cheers.

PS. If you feel the need to say how much buying prototypes is worthless, please restrain yourself from doing so, thank you!

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    What's different about the S3D proto, exactly? You think it'd have something the E3 build didn't?

3. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    I'm addressing these topics to those who are interested, and in fact, like prototypes.

I see that simply kindly asking is not enough for people of such greatness like you, QJimbo.

Well, I'm going to ask again - please don't shitfest my topics with your worthless comments. And if you want so much, I can refund your donation, princess. If you think your comment is any bigger/better because you donated $100, I'll gladly do so, even if I have to spend my personal money because of it.

And it's funny how you say 'we give him the money'. There are many people who willingly donate to this cause, and I believe you aren't representative in this group. If you think that donating $100 gives you the right to represent those people, and take your voice anytime I post a topic like that, like I said, I'll refund your donation. If you don't want your donation refunded, just shut the fuck up and deal with it.

4. CloverCC

CloverCC

..Well.. Anyways, trying not to jump off topic, Drx, suppose you might try to find like maybe a Mario Prototype? Maybe Allstars, or mario rpg, or something of that sort of matter? Or any other classic game?

5. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    Mario prototypes I found (I was looking 2 days ago maybe):

-Super Mario World - identical to final
    -Mario 2 (us) - half the size of original, different music, levels etc etc, pretty awesome
    -Mario Kart - unknown
    -Super Mario All-Stars - unknown.

If you want price quotes, I could do some approximations.

6. CloverCC

CloverCC

Sure, I'd probably find some extra cash laying around. Mainly, I'm interested in the all stars one, on the count not only is it a port of NES Games Super mario bros 1, 2, (Japan), 2 (US), and 3, but rendered to fit the high standard SNES Graphics, AND music.. I'd love to see how progress went. Though, I know mario bros. 2 (US version) was basicaly another game, just with mario sprites put in, so I don't really care much about that.

7. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    SMW - $5000-$10000
    SMB2 - $20000-$30000
    SMAS - $3000-$5000
    Mario Kart - $5000-$10000

Also, if anyone has any requests about any prototypes, I could find them. I found about 150 megadrive prototypes, 100 snes, 10 master system, 10 game gear, and can easily find others, I have many contacts.

8. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I might be missing something here and I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but if a prototype is identical to the final release, how the hell does it qualify as a prototype?

9. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    Well, a prototype usually has eproms and stuff, and it's really easy to tell a Nintendo (especially first-party) prototype from a regular cart. They are worth so much pretty much because they are very rare. To collectors, it doesn't matter if it's final, as long as it's a prototype.

Also, prototypes are usually handed to reviewers and such (or are just internal copies).

It's a great fame in the collectors world to own a proto of mario, even if it's just identical to final.

Btw: it's hard to forge a Nintendo proto, not impossible, but very hard.

10. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Fair enough.

11. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Could you get your hands on a Ristar proto? I'd pay money for that. A Super Smash Brothers on 64 would be sweet too.

12. CloverCC

CloverCC

Those are some damn high-price ranges.. I was expecting SMAS To be around that range, but, all that for Mario kart? Huh.. Well, I guess I'd be saving up whatever christmas money I get.. But you know, a LONG LONG TIME AGO, I saw something about an NES port of Super mario world.. That'd be worth something.. And stephen, I guess it's sort of how some people see Sega CD 910 as a "Beta" or something.. *shrugs*. Out of the 150 Megadrive games, I'd love to see a "Rocket knight adventures" or "Streets of rage" Title pop up around there. You've got great resources, Obviously. :D

13. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Those prices are insane.

14. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    It's Mario, damn straight it's going to be expensive.

15. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    Yes, mario protos are probably the most valueable protos, save for Turbografx 16 protos or some very obscure unreleased games, like Eurit.

There's a Sparkster on my list. I bought a SoR cart once, but it was identical to final. I'm trying to sell that one, too. As for Rocket Knight Adventure, some guy I know owns one, he's willing to dump it, but he's sorta weird. Just wait a bit and a dump might pop up.

16. CloverCC

CloverCC

Good, good. Truly great ;). I've never played Sparkster though, Only the first RKA game, sadly. And I'm willing to give the guy as much patience as possible. The only thing I need to know is the website, but I'm sure by a week, or 2, it'll be all over the place, so it should be no biggie. But thanks for finding all of these.

17. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Yes, such a cart does exist. There're 2 versions of it, both are dumped by a Russian NES carts collector, CaH4e3. Here - http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/dumping_2005_01-11.html

That guy has an amazing collection of pirate NES carts, mostly unlicensed games made in China.

18. CloverCC

CloverCC

Wow. Thanks, Omega. xD I knew I saw something of the similarity.. Not a prototype, of course, But neat find. I think I did see one on ebay for $1000.00 Or something. I forgot.

19. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
  20. CloverCC

CloverCC

Ah, Mario is missing, the counterpart to mario's time machine.. I Do have an SNES Mario is missing cart, but last time I played it was in 2001. It was sort of boring, but then again, I was like 9 at the time. I guess for the fact mario talked.. as in "Wow, you know, I can speak in complete sophisticated sentences", not "Mama Mia!" stuff.. Meh, still, this seems a bit interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.