don't click here

For anyone looking to restore HPZ

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Rika Chou, Feb 14, 2004.

1. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
  2. fpusoft

fpusoft

Banned
    Wisconsin
    Hacking sonic 2 Beta
    How do you do that with the NA disasm?
    Please tell me what to do.

3. Miles3298

Miles3298

Thanks for the background info, SMTP. (3 days late, I know, but whatever)

4. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Just paste the robot's code from NA to final and change the subroutines to the final's equivalant.(sp?)
    And then change the sprite table to point to the new code.

No problem, need anymore help just post. :P

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Is that all? Is the Object status table and all that crap the same between the NA beta and the final?

6. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    The Object Status Table didn't change between Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 at all, but the NA beta is convenient because in the disassembly all the labels are the same as in Sonic 1.

7. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Yea, as I ported the dinobot and gatorbot from NA. All I changed was the routine labels and added the code to the object table. :P

8. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    In relation to the BG Scroll Code for HPZ, It's different in NA and Wai Beta Then loc_C2E4.
    Code (Text):
    1. loc_C2E4:              
    2.         asr.w   #2,d0
    3.         move.w  d0,($FFFFEE0C).w
    4.         asr.w   #3,d1
    5.         move.w  d1,($FFFFEE08).w
    6.         rts
    You'll see that by comparing it to the code I put in CO recently from the NA Dissassembly to fix HPZ's BG Scroll.
    Code (Text):
    1. BgScroll_HPZ:
    2.         asr.w   #1,d0
    3.         move.w  d0,($FFFFEE0C).w
    4.         clr.l   ($FFFFEE08).w
    5.         rts
    And I just tested both to compare it within the game and C2E4 Lowers the BG a bit making it look improper. I may provide a Pre-compield version of the BG Scroll code for Hex users if it's requested.

9. Banjzooie

Banjzooie

Hi. I don't want to break up this topic's conversation as it seems to be pretty important. So I'll just ask a quick question here, and after you guys answer it, I'll leave the topic and you guys can get on with talking about restoring HPZ's graphics, enemies and collision.

Now, my question actually is sorta on topic. The first post told how to restore HPZ's collision in Sonic 2 final. My question is, is there a Game Genie code that can do this same thing? I know that, as was said in an earlier post, you cannot restore HPZ's graphics, enemies and such with one code. That's fine with me. All I care about is being able to play through the zone, which is not possible without proper collision. I know that Hidden Palace is not any more completable in the final then it was in the prototypes, but I still wouldn't mind being able to play it. Now that I refrain from downloading ROMs, such a code would be the only real way I could play Sonic 2's Hidden Palace. I know you can access the zone with another code and without implementing collision, but that makes the zone unplayable. So, is there a Game Genie code that can restore HPZ's collision?

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It's POSSIBLE, yes, but not with a single code - in fact, it would probably require 100+ codes in order to work correctly. It's far from practical, that's for sure.

11. Banjzooie

Banjzooie

*Low whistle*

100+ codes? :shocked: 100+ codes just for collision restoration (I wouldn't mind not having graphics and enemies so long as I could play the zone with proper collision)? I thought it would only take like three or five codes so long as you were just restoring collision and not enemies and graphics. But then again, I know next to nothing about hacking. :blushing: I don't even know any programming language higher than BASIC. And that lack of knowledge on my part is showing right now.

Thank you very much for answering my question, Tweaker.

You guys may now resume your previous conversation. Sorry I interrupted.

12. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    Even with proper Collision the level uses OOZ 16x16 for all level art segments therefore the collision data is pointless without HPZ's graphics or Map 16.

13. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Furthermore, you're falsely assuming the collision data is still in the ROM - if you read the OP you'll notice you have to get the collision data from S2B, fix it for S2F format and put it into S2F.

14. Banjzooie

Banjzooie

I didn't realize that the collision data wasn't even in the ROM anymore. That changes things a bit. Okay, I understand now. Again, sorry I interrupted.

15. fpusoft

fpusoft

Banned
    Wisconsin
    Hacking sonic 2 Beta
    Check this out:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had this hack sitting on my hard drive for a while.
    Note: This hack is not Sonic Delta II
    I made it myself.
    The rom if anyone wants it. :)
    Edit:The name of this hack is sonic 2 master edition

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    aka you used the patch that Esrael makes publicly available on his site?

17. fpusoft

fpusoft

Banned
    Wisconsin
    Hacking sonic 2 Beta
    I did not use his patch.
    All done from scratch.

18. OrdosAlpha

OrdosAlpha

Who's next!? Oldbie
    And I'm Gaius Julius Caesar's Grandfather. And how retarded do you have to be to provide a link that leads you to a 403 error?

Hence I, and many others are brandishing you a lying cancerous polyp on the anus of humanity. Now get the fuck out before I bitchslap you back into the abortion bucket you climbed out of.

19. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    He posts screens of Esrael's Sonic 2 Delta II 1.0a and claims he made it himself??

Someone go call Banman.

20. fpusoft

fpusoft

Banned
    Wisconsin
    Hacking sonic 2 Beta
    The download problem was you didn't right click and select save target as.
    I based the hack on Sonic 2 Redone.
    Sonic 2 Redone was used as a base.
    The code is different from esrael's sonic 2 delta II 1.0a
    Compare The rom if you like.