don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog Extended Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weird Person

Weird Person

You lost two seconds reading this Member
    Who knows?
    Maybe yes, maybe no. This is Cinossu's project. If he likes the game that way, then that's it.

Man, this games looks GREAT. And It's free! (or you pretend to sell it Cinossu?) You don't look the teeth of a given horse.

2. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    No. Even in the normal Sonic games(2, 3, and S&K), there is a feature you have to do a bit of work before you can use it *coughsupersoniccough*

3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Well, ok. I just suggested. Still it would really refresh the old gameplay, I think.

If you talk about me, then I don't know any ASM in the first place.

4. Weird Person

Weird Person

You lost two seconds reading this Member
    Who knows?
    Learn some then. I know you are a smart guy. Drx's tutorial pointed me at the right direction. I'm not a techie, but I'm getting the hang of it.

5. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Awesome. This looks like a tripleA hack.
    Cinossu ftw!

6. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    You also had to unlock different techniques in Sonic Advance 3, as well. From what I hear, at least. I haven't actually played through the game, yet.

7. ...
    Yes and no.
    You have to unlock most of the characters IIRC, and each pairing has its own set of abilities, so...

8. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    GIANT ENEMY CRABMEAT plz

9. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Seconded. =P That Crabmeat is awesome.

10. FuzzballFox

FuzzballFox

Hmmmmm Member
    UK - Hampshire
    Nothing anymore
    Sub bosses for each zone? Giant Crabmeat being one of 'em?

11. TJTaylor

TJTaylor

The borad n00b Pending Member
    Chao Quest
    I love this! When will the full version be released?

12. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    suck Dan Rathers dick.

13. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    When it's ready. :P

14. Jigen

Jigen

We are all one Member
    Gotta admit though, ASM is a bitch. One line of C can replace a dozen of ASM. Not to mention C makes more sense being its easier to follow, more English like. It is all a tradeoff though, ASM is better, C easier. I can do ASM if I put my mind to it, but when I'm given a choice, I'll take C.

15. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    If it's a bitch you're doing it wrong.

16. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    <!--quoteo(post=152509:date=Nov 28 2006, 02:38 AM:name=Quickman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quickman @ Nov 28 2006, 02:38 AM) [​IMG]

17. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I'll one-up you there:

[​IMG]

18. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
  19. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Found a bug: if you're holding a button while coming to a stand-still (by either jumping or spindashing without releasing the button, etc) and press either up or down, you'll start doing the appropriate dash manuever, rather than simply look up or down.

Also, the time needed to rev up a dash is a bit higher than it is in Sonic CD; I'd suggest you tweak it in order to maintain consistency between the two.

PS: Awzum hax, major props ;D

20. jedsithor

jedsithor

Pending Member
    New here, played the demo, looking good,not typing proper sentences, too tired lol

Just a few things, first I can't believe how crap I am now at Sonic 1, it's been too long lol

Second, I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but in case it hasn't, I found a bug...I think. Uh, was playing act...1 or 2 (sorry can't remember which) and did the Start + A to go back to the GHZ Act select area thing and the sound disappared.

I played through the rest of the demo in silence...made me realise how much Sonic games need music actually, it's just not the same without it.

When the demo was over and I went back to the "Sega" screen, the game was still silent.

Third, having read through the thread, I know a lot of people prefer the Sonic 2 spin-dash. I must say it was a little weird for me, took me a few seconds to figure out that I had to wait to build momentum before releasing the button. I got used to it though so I have no problems with the CD dash being used.

Having said that, maybe the Sonic 2 dash could be an unlockable extra after the player has completed the game or something? So the CD dash would be the main one and the Sonic 2 dash would be a bonus feature.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm fine with either, it was just a thought.

And finally...7 emeralds...Super Sonic? Yeah I know, if he's in the game it's gonna be a secret and you won't tell anyone...a surprise...but still...Super Sonic?? lol

Good work, looking forward to whatever you have in mind for the rest of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.