don't click here

My 'S3K' hack, Entitled "Sonic 3 - Back to the egg"

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by CloverCC, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloverCC

CloverCC

Edit: Eh, nevermind mind. xD

2. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

I guess now people are more interested in ASM hacks than in rather pathetic palette hacks.

Anyway, too much of gold in first 2 screens and DEZ palette is ruined. Please, don't make another Sonic in Paynt.

3. CloverCC

CloverCC

Mm, Ok.. 2 things, actually:

1. I didn't use any ASM. I don't have much Expirence in ASM, But that doesn't mean I'm going to be all lazy about it. I'm still pretty much working my ass off at this moment, If that's what you mean. xD

And 2. I'll try to keep in mind not to make this a "sonic in paynt" Game. These pics are actually quite a bit old, A few weeks or so. I've done many improvements, so worries.

4. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Then show us something more worthy than 3 crappy palettes. If you don't have something worthy yet, then why did you create the topic?

5. CloverCC

CloverCC

Wow. Easy there, fella. Calm down.

I stated in the topic I wanted people's opinions on this and that, So that I know what to improve on, etc. But, I've fixed DEZ's "green earth" palette, so the light green doesn't stand out like that.

6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

No way I'm bashing or flaming you, but I'll say once more, show us something. Layouts for instance. Palettes alone won't do. What opinions did you intend to get for showing just palettes?

7. Robjoe

Robjoe

Yea, layouts are about the borderline for impressing people nowadays. Of course, pallettes can help, but on their own the aren't much good.

8. CloverCC

CloverCC

Ah, I see your point. But, I mean, Currently the Levels are all blanked out. I've just begun working on AIZ 1's Layout. If that will be the least, I'll find the time to show some other pictures. I wanted to hear some criticism on what I have so far, Is all. Don't worry, there will be much more than this.

9. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    Well, while everyone's busy bashing you, I'll say I actually LIKE both of the first two palettes. Yeah. I went there! However the grass should be more green in Marble Garden. Still goldish 'cause it's sunset, but a biiit more green. Ya feel me? Some dark reddishness in the sky, or even a purple might work, show me the backround?

10. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Seeing how S3K hasn't been hacked so much, this is very good. :(

11. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Palette hacks are nothing special, you should consider doing more work before making topics about your hack.

12. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    This is what your Marble Garden Zone palette looks like.

[​IMG]

Please add more variety of colour.

13. Gurluas2000

Gurluas2000

Iposatu the Demon Lord Member
    I humbly suggest you make different character mixes, forexample knuckles with tails, sonic with knuckles etc.
    a palette change is simply not too interesting

14. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Mmkay, you do that first, then get back to me.

These, like I said in SSRG, still need a bit of work. especially good ol' Marble Zone. Follow Quickman's advice, please.

And, one more thing to all you. S3K hacks do not = Good. My hack is a case in point of that, as well as Robjoe's Angel Island...

15. CloverCC

CloverCC

Ah. Thanks for all criticism, bashing or not, That's what I want, So I can learn what to add, and not make this a dull piece of work. :(

To Hyenafox, I was thinking of something along the lines of that, of MGZ. I'm probably going to do-over the backround palette, and work from there on.

To Rockman Zero, That is true, But I don't want any exemptions though, 'know what I mean? Just honest feedback, But thanks, though. :)

To QJimbo, I Feel ya. I took those pictures around 2-3 weeks ago, and I've heavily been working on it since. It's just, those pics were already saved to this PC. My Main computer, which I do my projects on, Hasn't had Broadband/DSL for roughly over a year. And I have to burn the pictures to a CD-R, and bring them down here. Now, I don't want to waste CD's anymore, since they can record 800MB of data, and I only use up 200KB. My point is, I forgot I still had those pictures saved here, and seeing a few WIP/hack announcements, I decided to share what I'm doing.

To Gurluas, I don't know about that.. I could edit the sprites, But I just don't feel the character mix working out all that much.

To Quickman, as mentioned above, MGZ will lovingly be taken care of.

16. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Have you been living under a rock? Let me surprise you - CD-RW do exist. Or a flash usb drive, for instance. Jeez.

17. Gurluas2000

Gurluas2000

Iposatu the Demon Lord Member
  18. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Also, CD-R can be left open. You burn something on it, and then you add more stuff later.

19. CloverCC

CloverCC

I don't have a CD-RW disc at the moment, that's why I can't use one.

Thanks Gurluas. I never knew about that.

And Nineko, I tried that. It doesn't work.

20. Nikki

Nikki

sonic-cult.net Member
    I'm in the minority, but I really love that first screenshot of Marble Garden there. =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.