don't click here

What those unused SNCBNK files were for

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shadow Hog, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well... Believe it.

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    The PC version has CDDA music because the PC version obviously doesn't support the PCM chip on the MegaCD... It's just a single loop recording of the past music on the console version; nothing special.

3. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    For future reference in case anyone ever wanted to get the complete Sonic CD soundtrack (both US and JAP) which includes the CDDA Past music can find it here http://www.thesonicworld.net//music_mp3_scd_japan.php and here http://www.protoman.com/Music/Music/Sonic%20CD%20(JP)/

The first link containing the US soundtrack sounds like came from the PC version for sure (site doesn't tell you so =P) becuase I recognize how the CDDA Past music was set up including the rest of the soundtrack (has an old copy of the PC version which indeed runs the *recorded* CDDA Past music as actual tracks on the CD).

4. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Doesn't SonAR have the PC version of SCD? There'd be proof enough, other than my own copy.

I have legal copies of Sonic CD (SCD) and Sonic CD (PC), and trust me, the CD tracks are different.

5. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    I thought that they were unused reference tracks... Oh well. The Metallic Maddness Present doesn't belong. It sounds like it was yanked out of MM"B" Mix

But all of them are good enough.

6. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    They actually fit in more if you insert them at the start of the music rather than attaching them to the end. Before I read up on any of this, I got the impression that they were unused intros for the music, which were taken out. I know now that they're not, but I still have them in an archive on my computer at home. I'd say about 80% of them work well as intros, whereas some do sound a little out of place. If anyone wants them, I can upload them, or Tweaker can, coz I think I sent them to him as well.

7. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Bad news: Heran's host nuked the PC folder on SonAR, which will mean that it just won't be there when SonAR is back online =/
    EDIT: replied to a 4-month old post, lawlz =P

8. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    God...and if you all think that's weird, have you heard what is inside the SNCBNK*B files?
    One hint: go here: http://sonicdiscovery.free.fr/music.htm.
    They also have some of the same stuff for the other games as well.
    When I heard these at first I shuddered.

Something else that struck me stupid, does anyone have the slightest idea of what the guy is saying in the SNCBNK B1 file (also near the end of the boss track). It sounds like "Workit baby stand up with me couch-a with me chao" But that's just what I interpret and I know that is Japaneese. It's just...odd(again).

9. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    That's the second time you've necromanced this topic without much content.

10. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Well, at least it confirms that the topic wasn't auto-locked and that I could add the missing tunes in if I ever felt like getting around to them. >_>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.