don't click here

Sonic 2 Prototype for $1500

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    I'm not really interested in the protos themselves but what hackers can do with them to bring us new candy. :)

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Then drx can dump it AND TELL NO ONE ABOUT THAT, check it by himself, and if it's the same as ours he can sell it again for $1500.

3. Weird Person

Weird Person

You lost two seconds reading this Member
    Who knows?
    You'll be my 2nd god (Drx keeps the 1st place) if you keep over than 800 members quiet about this.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Which is why you don't tell those 800 members.

Whoops, too late.

5. I'm (pretty) sure I'm not gay...but drx, I fucking love you.

6. TeRaByTe88

TeRaByTe88

Pending Member
    you know, protos actually work in SEGA genesises so if its the same proto, its not necessary to dump it... and drx could make a profit from selling it if he wants...

7. Ambil

Ambil

I want that heinous hedgehog hammered! Member
    You can't be sure of the proto being the same as ours just by gameplay. It needs to be dumped, then compared its data with the beta. If it's not exactly the same, it would be time to release.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well, perhaps. But if it is different, how the hell is anyone but drx going to play the thing?

9. Like said above, even though this forum alone has hundreds and hundreds of members, we have to keep the dump low-key, if the goal's to retain a higher value.

10. How about make it so that only approved members on this forum can download it? Or maybe the tech members should only have access for a bit, then slowly release it to people that can be trusted?

11. Zweih

Zweih

Open the glove box Member
    Calyce Creations
    How about we just fucking release it to everyone who wants it you bunch of jews.

12. ExecByte

ExecByte

Ohio
    Sonic: The Lost Worlds
    I don't know about that. I'm still a trial member, but I put in $400! I better be trusted!

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Here's what you do.
    Play the game to make sure there is atleast some visable difference. If so dump. If not, dump it onto your computer and research it. If you find anything even slightly different keep the dump and sell the cart. If nothing is different like at all, just sell the cart.

14. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Who said anything about retaining a higher value? I was always under the impression that drx was going to dump it no matter what.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Those of you discussing ways to keep the price of the cart up obviously were not here to experience the Sonic X-treme debacle.

16. In fact, I was here for that. I'm just going by excerpts from some other posts.

17. Sutter

Sutter

A SUTTER IS YOU! Oldbie
    If that would be the thing that they do, then they'd be letting down alot of people, including Trial Members and "untrusted" members.

18. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I'm not hoarding any roms! :) The second I get it, I dump it, I release it. Easy :)

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    And I mirror it, like I did with S3D.
    Unlimited bandwidth isn't an issue for me.

20. I'm for joining that drx religion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.