don't click here

Sonic 2 Prototype for $1500

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by drx, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Man, all I know is that if after all this shit it ends up being the same proto as ours, I'll be fucking pissed. XD

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I was talking about this with Varion Icaria (or whatever is his name now):
    Code (Text):
    1. nineko84: this new $1500 beta maybe is nothing new
    2. nineko84: and by $1500 I don't mean 5376, I mean 1500 bucks

3. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Fuck, donate people! I might be able to throw a couple bucks your way. Not that it'll help with this much.

4. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Yeah, but this can go either way...​
    Let's hope the good way for $1500's sake.​

5. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    I won't. You see, even if it is the same, we'll be getting a build that's known not to be hacked (whereas we're uncertain with the current ROM). Plus, there's a slight possibility of different leftovers even if it is the ame build.

6. nineko

nineko

italy
    Do you mean... that the Beta we all are using right now, maybe has been edited by someone? That would mean we have to rewrite all this website's history :blink:

7. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Not majorly, but some believe that pirates hacked the ROM to not display the SEGA logo on bootup.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Almost there. I hope that this hack is different, because even if it is simple an un-pirated version of our current build, it's still not really worth it.

9. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    :)

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Does this mean we have it? Because if we do that is awesome.

Dump as soon as possible plz

11. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    You used the US Postal Service for an irreplacable beta?!

12. nineko

nineko

italy
    Awesome. Nice Work as usual, drx.

13. Tanks

Tanks

Yes! thank God! we got it! but I was wondering... If it was hard for DRX to find the cart then how did this other "collector" find out about it?

14. Sutter

Sutter

A SUTTER IS YOU! Oldbie
    We've..got it?

Holy..

this is indeed a memorable day in the Sonic Community's history. I wonder how long it'll take to ship.

And of course, as someone else said, why did you use the US Postal Service? UPS, FedEx, ANYTHING would have been better.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think that the person who originally held the cart worked for a magazine which published a preview article about Sonic 2 sometime before the release and I think that they just wanted to get rid of it... for a price of course =P

Also make sure to postal insure this thing. If it gets lost in the mail, everything is lost D:

16. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    You lot got me wrong - it says it has been dispatched in LA (I live in Poland). A couple days will pass till I get the proto in my hands.

Besides, it's being sent using EMS, which is quite reliable (and pricey).

Also, about the 'second buyer' - some collector just accidentally happened to talk with the guy and asked if the guy doesn't have something new. The guy replied that 'yea, I'm selling this Sonic 2 proto for $1000 to somebody'. Which is why he contacted me to make sure I still want it, because the collector could pay immediately.

Also, I found out who the collector was - he's one of my 'friends', if one could call it that way. Guy is FUCKING LOADED. He's very rich, so we're luuuuuuuucky. He recently outsniped me on something - he usually puts like $1000 or $2000 on the snipe so he wins by default :P

I'll keep you posted. Also, $100 plz.

17. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Yeah congrats on getting the beta, forgot to mention that in my previous post XD But as for your "friend" that does sound very close. However this is good in some ways, because if more collectors find out we're actually paying >$1000 for Sonic protos, the more likely they are to start offering them.

18. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    If it's the same proto as ours, you can still sell it to the rich guy and recuperate the $1500, drx.

19. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

After it's been dumped on the net, it's value will probably drop extremely.

20. Wurly

Wurly

:| Tech Member
    Guys, I have invented a new religion: 'DRXISM'. This is a religion in which we worship the almighty drx and help him get prototypes. If anyone would like to become a 'DRXIST', please do the following:
    1. Calculate prime numbers
    2. Buy a shirt from Scarred Sun
    3. Donate $$$$ to drx immediately
    *shot*

Seriously, drx and those who donated, good fucking job. Oh, and to the people that are saying shit like "o u gyuz r fags coz its a wayst 2 dnotae and drx shulod coem up w/teh mnoey hmself!1", please shut up. It's actually a good thing we donated, because if this is our proto, it's not like one person is losing an extremely large amount of money, rather lots of people are losing small amounts of money. But yeah, drx, you win. Thank you soooooo much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.