don't click here

Next-Gen Sonic Xtreme fan game

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Gen, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Wow, hot damn!
    I am totally looking forward to this!

2. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    No offense to Gen, but unless he actually went out of his way to be able to make a Mac version alongside a PC version, it's nothing he deserves to be thanked for. He didn't do you a favor any more than anyone who just happens not to have a Mac is out to get you guys. It really feels just as offensive

3. Gen

Gen

This is halloween! This is halloween! Member
    The Mobius Engine
    It's nothing to really worth arguing about, or worth getting mad over. He just thanked me for making a Mac version, even if his comment was biased towards OS X.

4. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    It's just no fun to keep seeing people acting like the brand of computer you happen to have grown up and got stuck with is either a personal favor or personal attack on everyone else. I was just making a point, so yeah, no reason to drag it out. That's all there is to say

5. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    It still looks a bit plain but gorgeous nevertheless.
    Great work.

6. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.

When do I start? :P

Seriously, is this in C++ or Cocoa?

Dude, cool it. He said thanks. That's all. There something wrong with being grateful?

7. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Did you really HAVE to say something? Yes, there's something wrong with people complimenting people for something they didn't actually "do" when the same kind of people are also badmouthing people who "did" the opposite. I was through with it as far as those two were conserned, but you, being a Mac user, had to stick your nose in, and so now I have to point out how poorly that also reflects on Mac users as a whole. I could've chosen to complain in response to a complaint rather than a praise (though this "praise" also had elements of complaint toward other people in it), but this just happens to be the point at which I felt inclined to express myself on the subject, and as I said, in the midst of the PC-developer bashing, praising a Mac user for circumstance is just as bad. I really don't know why you had to bother commenting to say "cool it" after me having said:
    unless you're the kind of guy that feels that they need to stand up for other people's bitching if it's because they're also Mac users and the guy getting bitched at is using a PC. Seriously, what was going through your mind that made you decide to post that? I really want to know, especially since you seem to think so little of what I said that, instead of a normal quote, you use "{words}". I'd seriously like to know what's up with that, too, if it's not just bias

8. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Tonight's episode: The random bitchy fight because someone said he was glad a Sonic the Hedgehog fan game was being made for Mac. Or: The bitch fest of programmers.

Seriously, wtf?

9. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Ok, seriously. You guys need to stop this stupid provocation shit. The Mac user problem is relatively on-topic, whereas your post was not, and has no real relevance to the problem

10. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    I'll admit, my post had no intelligence present what-so-ever. So, in light of this, I vote we get the fuck back on topic and end the crap.

Look's spankin' Gen, good luck on it.

11. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    We need a C++ programmer. The game is being released for OS X, and Windows (at the same time), and possibly linux, so I doubt GCC and MSVC would really cope with CoCoa on the other platforms :P

12. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    And now I once again wait to see what happens. Sorry about your thread, too, that's just really been pissing me off lately. Though, I am jealous that you are capable of supporting both on your own terms

13. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    Well, it's not really all that hard. Seeing as how we went with an engine that already had support on both platforms, we just write the code on one platform, compile, and compile for the other platform.

Jman2050 does the coding and compiling on Windows, and I do the compiling, and object coding on OS X.

14. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Hmm... what would be the minimum requirements of this so far? I don't even think I'd top 2fps.

15. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    The bare minimum video card wise, would be a GeForce FX 5200 or Radeon 9500.

16. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    Well, looks like my animator had a big hard drive crash, and brought quite a bit of stuff with it.

So, we've decided that we need more modelers and animators for the project to help make up for this set back.

Free modeling lessons for those in experienced, etc.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I managed to test the C4 engine on some lower end hardware today. It looks good, but runs like pure shit. It was tested on a GeForce 5200.

17. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Haha, cool. Just wnated to know what you were using to develop, that's all. I'm familiar with almost everything as far as IDE's are concerned.

18. Gen

Gen

The Mobius Engine
    [​IMG]
    WIP Robotnik model

[​IMG]
    Sonic's new model.
    (not entirely the latest version of his model either, latest has had quite a few tweaks done to it.)

19. Vangar

Vangar

Whoahohohoho.

Now THAT is a good Sonic Model.

20. Tanks

Tanks

I don't know why but I like sonic's shoes but I don't like them... Why don't you try putting in the shoes he had from riders. I like those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.