don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog Extended Edition

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Looks like I got it before you changed it. Y thank you! :P

2. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Bug: When you got the Save Bonus, at the end, it stop to count at 2600 points. =P

[​IMG]

3. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    .. hahah, oh dear. I know why it's doing that. I'll fix it tomorrow, though. I need to sleep now. XD;

4. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    An idea, maybe you should use:

[​IMG]

Imagine this "B" flashing like the MiniSonic Flashing (Get Continue Advisory) on Sonic 2.

5. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    doesn't work on PSP... :/
    But this hack is fucking good, anyways.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Here's a bug. When you die and start back at a checkpoint, your time starts back at 0.

dammit SMTP how'd ya get debug?

7. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Eh, there is no use for debug anyway. Unless you want to play the normal sonic 1 levels.. =P

Though its quite easy to enable it.. =P

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
  9. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
  10. Runner

Runner

My idea for the grading is for open extras for the game...

11. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    I was going to do a ranking system, but I thought not as it's actually a pretty crap idea. :P Why should people have to play to a high level entirely to unlock the good stuff? I'd rather have easier unlockables.

12. Sky Shark

Sky Shark

Sonic 1 Rehash - I'm not saying its canned, I'm planning on some work on it this summer.
    Man you are creative, the stuff in this hack surprises me. If this could run on the actual hardware, you just made Sonic Team in the 90s look like newbies. I love the map idea, are you planning on having enimes to fight in later zones? Also the only things that would make this even more awesome is to give certian badniks health meters and put Super Sonic in. On the spin-dash thing, I actually like it this way, gives it a new school meets old school feeling in a good way.

13. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    The spindash is ported from Sonic CD.....

14. Sky Shark

Sky Shark

Sonic 1 Rehash - I'm not saying its canned, I'm planning on some work on it this summer.
    I know, I was referring to how the new spin-dash from Riders and Sonic The Hedegehog(Sonic Next) looks just like the Sonic CD spin dash. Sorry next I'll make that clearer.

15. Runner

Runner

16. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Found another sort of bug:

If you stay too long on the GHZ level select map eventually the game will start to slow down and stop loading objects. The object buffer seems to be filling up.. =P

17. Sky Shark

Sky Shark

I've noticed slow down as well. I'm running the game on gens Kmod, 800 Mhz processer and 128mb RAM, no other windows open, and I experienced unplayable slow down in levels at times and especially in the special stages.

18. RattleMan

RattleMan

Oldbie
    A little bug due to the window scrolling:

In the main lobby (Welcome to Entrance!!!), go down to the red spring on the left. When you hit it, hold down, and you'll spin, heading right. At the part where the level splits into 3 saves, jump over the path to Save 3 and hit the spring on the other side (the spring that takes you to Save 1). The momentum will cause you to miss Save 1 and hit the ceiling above Save 2, but the level scrolls. You then die!

EDIT: If this is done while Monochrome Sonic, you'll come back in the normal world but as Monochrome Sonic!

19. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    "Ported" isn't really the correct term, as I didn't disassemble Sonic CD for it. Recreated would be better. :P

I know why, too. :x It's due to the way I've programmed the objects, and the way they're stored in the object position files. It should (hopefully) be a simple-ish fix.

Bleh, I'm too lazy to fix this. ;P It's a DSR bug. The monochrome-Sonic reload I will fix, though.
    EDIT: I "got around" this problem originally (and it's in there) by not making any lives be lost on the Entrance level. (Getting a game over or a continue on it would be silly)

20. Runner

Runner

Another BUG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.