don't click here

Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by charcoal, Jan 29, 2024.

1. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Yeah it's actually making me think that it's two different games being bundled.

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    This is how they get around people saying "I'll just play Generations on my PC/Xbox".

3. CaseyAH_

CaseyAH_

human incarnation of Palmtree Panic 'P' Mix Member
    3D World + Bowser's Fury kind of deal, I imagine.

4. Vertette

Vertette

Well that and they'll probably delist it :)

5. .....*sigh*

I'll get it, I hate that I got hyped. This series fucking sucks, let me leave already....

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    The Bio-hazard boss fight in Adventure 2 is epic. Just hope they do it justice.

7. VenomTH

VenomTH

The Shadow section looks like there are a lot of reused assets but, honestly, that's more effort than I thought Sega would put into this game. I wonder what the pricing will be, it would be cool if they offered it for free for current owners but I'm sure they'll simply delist the current version of Generations in favor of this one.

8. Jaxer

Jaxer

I find it kinda interesting how Sega's been hell-bent on releasing all new Sonic games on last-gen consoles.

Is so much of this series' target demographic still on those?

9. Extremely surprised holy shit. The release date being so far in the future too gives me hope that it'll be fairly polished too, it already looked pretty good in the trailer, especially compared to Colors Ultimate and Frontiers which had red flags popping up on reveal. I am now cautiously optimistic.

10. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    So my pipe dream fake expectation was sort of right?? Shadow's gameplay looks like some kind of SA2/Frontiers cyberspace fusion and doesn't seem based around Modern Sonic's gameplay at all. Neat! Not really juiced either way to see Black Doom back but he's still a more welcome Time Eater in my book.

11. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    The graphics do look a bit different compared to og Gens at least from what I can tell. I may be going crazy here, but the textures do look higher quality. The lighting also looks different in the part of Green Hill Act 2 when you can see Sonic running underground. I would try to post comparison pictures but the YouTube compression would make that tough so I'll wait for screenshots. Its so nice that they didn't ruin the visuals of Gens. Shadow content seemingly using Frontiers engine is definitely a disappointment though. Is it just me or do some of the level chunks look straight out of SA2? Guess this may really just be more Frontiers cyberspace. Sigh.

12. On switch yea, makes up something like 50-60% of Sonic game sales numbers in the past few years

13. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    At this moment my main fear is that this trailer has already all of Shadow's content. We basically have things from SA2 and Shadow (the game), which is where he has a major role. But what if it's only that?

Crazy as it sounds, I would like to see him fighting Mephiles in some 06 level.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Yeah i'll bite. Name is stupid though.

Gotta wonder though, what games does Shadow have to pull from for a generations deal-io? SA2, Heroes, Shadow the hedgehog, Sonic '06.... Sonic forces...?

It's not like they're going to reference sporty / storybook games. And Shadow's taken a backseat / non-existant in any 'recent' game that isn't Forces. Even Frontiers didn't get a much, if any a voice line cameo.

I wonder if Sonic's Generational side of things will be extended or boosted. Going further than colours and possibly giving Lost world, Forces and frontiers content.

Highly doubt we'll get the time-eater storyline again. Or maybe we will, but tweaked?

15. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The architectures are similar enough and there are plenty more PS4s than PS5s. Plus Sonic sells best on Nintendo, still. So if you're going that far down in power might as well scale to everything above.

16. Jaxer

Jaxer

Switch is by all accounts a current gen console. I was mainly talking about PS4 and XBONE.

17. I'm actually surprised how it looks, holy hell.

And the level design actually looks neat?

18. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    Looks fun! I'm just relieved we don't have another Colors Ultimate situation on our hands. I'll gladly take a straight port of Generations given how well that game has aged.
    Hopefully the price isn't too steep. I can't see myself spending more than $40 on this at the most. I wonder how they'll handle the current listing of Gens on Steam.

19. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The way Sega prices games these days it'll be $60 at least.

20. TheCleanerDragon

TheCleanerDragon

Squad Leader Member
    I fixed the logo.
    Screenshot 2024-01-31 162344.png

• Like Like x 14
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List