don't click here

The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog available now for PC and Mac

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by jubbalub, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat

So is he really dead in this or is it revealed he was just missing or something?

I don’t have a way to play it but honestly I don’t want to play a game where Sonic is dead.

2. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    He doesn't really die. There's some actual stakes in the story, though.

3. RDNexus

RDNexus

Dear Goodness... For an April Fools prank, SEGA sure went ham on it.
    Many people here enjoying it and poking fun at it, seems like success.

And my brother just decided to add it to his Steam library. Someday...

4. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    That was fantastic. Like no, really, that was fantastic!

I genuinely want them to make more VNs. Ian Mutchler did an incredible job with the characters (stronger than I'd seen them in a LONG time), and if the games are going to stay light-ish on character interactions then I'd gladly pay for more stories told like this.

5. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    Ok just finished it, if you have some spare time I highly recommend playing it now before you are exposed to spoilers.

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Aw, so I'm out of luck and I just can't play this.

7. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    The culprit is Chrome, not anything else. The Steam Client uses Chrome to render the interface. Chrome dropped windows XP and Windows Vista support in 2019, so basically anything that uses chrome, like any electron IDE, won't run on those machines anymore. This is also why Steam is dropping Windows 7 and Windows 8 support in janaury 2024.

Assuming you still have some sort of Vulkan-capable GPU on your PC, you could install xubuntu or some other tiny linux distro via a VM in windows XP and play it that way. If you have an older PC, you should really be running Linux anyways, because compatibility is far greater in linux these days than most old windows versions. It's not a hardware lockout, it's specific software deprecation that doesn't really exist in linux. Dual booting xubuntu would probably be much better than using a VM, personally. You could install Xubuntu, Steam, and the murder of Sonic the hedgehog onto a USB drive and play the game just by popping that drive into your computer at boot. There are even distros out there built around wrapping steam exclusively, for what I just described.

8. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I can't believe this meme became a reality
    [​IMG]

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Different people, to confirm, but very neat still.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    This is the second time Sega has put out a Visual Novel as an April Fool's joke.

This one is Sonic related at least.

11. Ura

Ura

Brazil
    "Crimson Angel - Honey the Cat" on AO3 (on Hiatus)
    It's honestly hard for me to process this as an April Fool's joke, like, it's just genuinely so good and it feels like an actual Sonic story, it's just so good

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. That Knuckles, Blaze and Rouge outfit goes hard.

13. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Just beat it, that was really good! Very funny and some of the "special stages" were kind of challenging!

I thought that too! At least, I thought part of it was right.
    But near the end I managed to uncover the real murderer by my own, even if having not an easy time following Tails' leads.

14. Frostav

Frostav

The art for this is SO GOOD, and I love the costumes everyone has...this should be a sign to SEGA that the characters absolutely can have more than one outfit at all times! Everyone looks amazing!

15. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Neat! Gonna boot this up after the weekend!

Also - Knuckles hat. The Pendering intensifies.

16. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    I'm gonna headcanon that Charmy was hanging out with Nite the Owl and Don the Rooster while Vector and Espio were on the train.

17. Frostav

Frostav

They honestly make Shadow look SO suspicious that I knew he wasn't gonna be the murderer by the time you get to the library car. It being Espio definitely surprised me.

18. TapamN

TapamN

Biggest complaint is that you can't control the height of your jumps. Someone mod it.

19. Frostav

Frostav

I know this is just a silly April Fool's gag, but I've seen a surprising amount of buzz from non Sonic circles about this and I really hope this lets SEGA know that...if you just make a charming fun game that uses the cast you made in a pleasant way that clearly shows love for the world and characters, people will like it.

Between this, the IDW comics' strong run, and Frontiers I'm honestly more hopeful for this franchise than I was for a looong time. I think they're finally Getting It™️?

20. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    It's from the Sonic the Hedgehog (OVA), but I'm sure he'll try and claim credit for that like Scourge....