don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Felik

Felik

So judging by the trailer it seems that Amy curls into a ball when she jumps, was this confirmed? I really want her moveset from Advance 1

2. RikohZX

RikohZX

The website shows her making a hammer attack in a screenshot, but what little footage we got makes it seem like she plays like the other characters normally. And given we got next to jack all on Origins and how it functioned until Brazilian leaks the day or so before release, I doubt we're going to get a breakdown or thorough lookthrough before this releases either.

3. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Excluding that one time with Blaze
    [​IMG]

4. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I'm glad that from what we've seen so far Amy looks like she controls pretty similar to Sonic. I never liked her awkward control scheme in Advance 1 where was like a weirdly nerfed version of all the other characters. She always just felt cumbersome in that game, since the level design was clearly not made with her in mind.

5. RikohZX

RikohZX

She was meant to be a Hard Mode where stage traversal was kind of a hard point due to her lack of a spin dash. But master her hammer jumps and she got more airtime than Sonic, and her overall attack reach and the springing hammer jump broke several bosses into no-effort fights entirely where even Tails or Knuckles might have issues. Ice Mountain especially.

it mixed things up more than just being a pink Sonic, which is what happened to her in Advance 2 and I don't see anyone liking that beyond its necessity for Advance 2's design. Though having her be a 100% completion bonus after all the other characters didn't help.

6. TomGyroid

TomGyroid

Didn't Whitehead technically ready the Retro Engine for Origins to take on all the different versions of it being run by the different remasters?

But yeah, sadly still no idea after all this time if Headcannon's actually going to fix their remaster. Whoever's adding Amy and Knuckles at least gets Retro Engine coding more than Sonic Team, with their weird Spin Dash-disguised Drop Dash and only 2 jump buttons, because the only way they knew how to make a dedicated Super button was permanently assign one of those to it. Hopefully that know how means other bits of the remasters are getting tidied up, but we can only wait and see.

I do wonder how Amy's going to function. Seems like her Hammer comes out as a jump attack like a longer Insta-Shield, but she can also use it on ground whilst running. Maybe it's her equivalent to a roll? Not sure if the Hammer will break spikes like in the ending cinematic or maybe recoil off Springs like in Advance, the latter would pick up a Spike-related gimmick in Mighty's absence. May also go with no Spin Dash, though what would fulfil that input instead?

7. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Advance 1 Amy would've been cool but I don't think it would've been viable for all 4 games.

Sonic 1 and 3 could've been fine maybe but can you imagine trying to travel to the past with her in Sonic CD? No thanks. I think having her be more like Sonic but with some melee attacks is a fair compromise.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I have no choice but to imagine it now.

9. Unlimited Trees

Unlimited Trees

we Do a Little Mischief, Mischief... Member
    When
    UNITRES, Project Time, etc.
    in a vc and one of the besties just brought up something idont know if anyone has brought up here but:

aint it kinda crazy how theyre making you pay 10 dollars extra for the dlc if you already own origins. origins plus and origins are both 40 dollars ..... why isnt the dlc free

10. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Yes: have her hook her hammer to the signposts and do it Sonic Rush Special Stage style.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Video game development isn't cheap. I'm astounded by the amount of you believing this content isn't worth the measly 10 dollars that they're asking for this update.
    The real issue I'm seeing was releasing Origins last year in the first place when this was clearly always the plan. They should have just held it off for another year and at a higher price. Right now they're giving the impression to everyone that they're just trying to rob us of every nickle and banking on double dippers. I'm certain that tough deadline from a dumb publisher lead them down this split release strategy that is all too common among the industry.
    I don't like the dishonest route they took in releasing this, but I don't think the final total asking price is unjustified.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  13. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    From the Japanese Origins site:

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Japan lucks out again with their reversible cover art

Very much in line with the box art for the original games and Mania Plus

Attached Files:

15. Unlimited Trees

Unlimited Trees

we Do a Little Mischief, Mischief... Member
    When
    UNITRES, Project Time, etc.
    im not sayin it aint worth 10 dollars. im sayin how its kind of greedy how it costs Less to buy origins plus physically than it did to buy origins originally and then having to pay 10 extra dollars for Less

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    That's the last straw! I'm gonna become Xenophobic!

17. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I think it's funny that in the Game Gear footage, they showed off Sonic Blast and it doesn't even look appealing. Even Sega themselves can't sell that game. Also, Chaotix fans BTFO.

Not sure if I will buy the physical release. I hope the bug fixes at least get implemented via a patch. $10 for the upgrade seems much since even Mania Plus was $5.

18. The way they chose to highlight Sonic 4’s soulmate over Triple Trouble the one Game Gear game that managed to capture the spark of the Genesis games is pretty peak Sega.

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    You guys just aren't real Gs.

20. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Unpopular Opinion: Finding a real new boxed copy of Sonic Blast in 1998 and playing while being driven home was one of my happiest early fandom memories.