don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Spunodi

Spunodi

XSX (updated now!) - pop-in not fixed :(

Liking the song selection and finding notes though :)

2. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Heads up about the challenges: picking restart restarts the WHOLE thing.

For Cyber Space Challenge, that includes the restart command they added. You have to start from the beginning. If you screw up, it's better to take it, or die and go back to a checkpoint. A surprising lack of mercy there, I like it.

Doing the Cyber Space Challenge was easy, but of course Cyber Space has easy S-Ranks in general. I think the challenge has its own rankings, so you don't necessarily have to get S-rank in every stage to get S-rank. If you do poorly in one stage, make it up in the next.

Battle Rush was more interesting, since the combat doesn't usually have a ranking system. For starters, you choose the save file, and that's where you get your stats and skills. So you can cultivate a Sonic that you want to use, but also, if you just want to get the bonuses, you can just start up your level 99 save slot.

I went in with level 35 and got a B rank on the Kronos Island challenge. I was surprised. In my defense, I screwed up on the round with the flying enemies.

Here's another note! Guardians like the Asura won't explode until Sonic's finished with his animation. And for the love of God, if you Cyloop Giganto, make sure you knock him to the ground BEFORE you finish him off. If he loses all of his health, he will very slowly drift to the ground and you can't finish the fight until then.

Otherwise, this update is great.

3. upload_2023-3-23_1-0-22.png

Yep, there's something unlockable here.

4. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    One more thing! This update seems to break HedgeModManager outright. Couldn't get the game to boot until I turned off all the mods, even the codes.

EDIT: Mods seem to work after you get the game booted, though.

5. For those going around collecting notes for the jukebox, I don't believe auto save works all the time for them. So try not to die after grabbing a bunch.

6. Good thing I saw this before bed. Updating on the Xbox right now.

1.28GB on the Xbox for anyone else who is curious and is not able to download at the moment.

I may go dark here until I grab those S-ranks and get whatever the something special is… is it possible that the Extreme difficulty is what is locked behind this? Or is that available from the get-go?

7. I am getting the vibe yes, it is locked behind this. Supposedly at least. It's definitely not available from the get-go.

8. VenomTH

VenomTH

I wonder if + - Extreme difficulty would just be a health and damage increase, I'd be nice if there was something special.  

9. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Extreme Difficulty Spoilers:

https://twitter.com/Memey_PW/status/1638709869543825415

• Can't level anything up
    • Enemies are stronger
    • Must be a new game, difficulty can't be changed
    • Sonic dies in one hit
    • Cyber Space S-ranks are steeper

10. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  11. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    sonic team really saw people complain about Frontiers being easy and said "ok, fuck you assholes"

12. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    First impressions of the update:
    • Cyberspace controls better. Not that majorly different, if you didn't like Cyberspace before this won't change your mind, but the slightly tighter turning radius while boosting is nice. Just feels a tiny bit better overall.
    • The weird delay when using the quickstep has been fixed, it's now instant like previous games.
    • Music choices are great, I love the variety on display. It's just fun to run about the islands and find new songs!
    • The all stages rush for Cyberspace is good fun, I enjoyed playing it. It's a nice endurance test.
    • Photo mode is pretty nice, not much to say other than that really. I like to take pretty pictures.
    • Bosses in the earlier islands go down really quickly in the battle rush if you're at max level. I melted through Giganto in like, 3 minutes. Not exactly complaining though, doing so was fun as hell.
    Overall I'm very happy with this update. Nothing too game changing but I'm happy. Considering this is supposed to be the weakest of the three updates, being the first, this makes me pretty hopeful for the next two!

13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The game now knows if you used the homing dash: if you used it, your time will have an asterisk next to it.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Uh, did they really change the physics in cyberspace? I admit I've been using Tracker's mod long enough that it's hard to tell what vanilla felt like, but I'm still letting go of the boost button whenever I need to make a sharp turn.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Akk, my saves are gone post my initial one at the 9 hour mark on chaos island, so I just restarted the game. Shame I’ll have to play through this to play through the challenges to play through the game a 6th time, because Extreme mode really sounds extreme. Like damn that’s a mean mode isn’t it. But the more challenging S ranks will be something. Officially sanctioned hard mode, love it.

Also THATS what the * means? You used the homing dash? How weird.

Btw, still a bit disappointed at how upgrading works. There’s no like “how many levels you do you want to go up” thing like I hoped, they just added options to go all in on speed or all in on rings, it works I guess but it’s clunky. That in-level reset though in cyberspace? Genius.

16. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    https://twitter.com/Proto_arts/status/1638727300794425344

Small changes, but just enough to be noticeable.

17. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Sega: The asterisk you see? It is shame.

18. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
  19. OrionNavattan

OrionNavattan

Tech Member
    Oregon
    Took less than a minute after installing the update to find a new bug. Using the PC version with a DualSense controller is not a common setup, seeing as how the update mistakenly uses the XBox controller UI in the Pause, Arcade Mode, and Cyberspace Challenge menus when a DualSense controller is used.

20. Snowbound

Snowbound

BDCBC4F5-6208-4AA3-86E0-CB4926D295A1.jpeg
    CA41E817-00D6-444B-9A48-4156B6C66F7C.jpeg
    Kishimoto just posted these. This man is an excellent example of responding to feedback in a classy matter. These were auto translated using twitter. Here are their urls:
    https://twitter.com/moq_46/status/1638755610102747136?s=46&t=S0_YkQ8TRA2Bk54XvKgWfw
    https://twitter.com/moq_46/status/1638755860280406017?s=46&t=S0_YkQ8TRA2Bk54XvKgWfw

Can any useful information even be gained from those files?
    Does the game remember your time if it has the asterisk?