don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog IDW Comic Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Kyro

Kyro

GameApologists speed readings for IDW have always been a treat to sit down and listen to after ive read the issues myself. Always nice to hear and contextualize someone else's take and insightnon the books and see what they caught that I didnt, and Nick always handles these things in a very respectful way. I reallynappreciate how he tackles the second half of this video and the angle of abuse surge and kit brought to the table

2. That One Guy Josh

That One Guy Josh

Speaks English AND Balanese. Member
    I took my time to read all 4 Scrapnik issues after I read the main issues. This is some of the wildest stuff I've looked at, the presentation is top notch and the finale was just... *chef's kiss*
    I'm just gonna say Scrapnik Island is miles better than the clusterfuck that is the Metal Virus saga.

3. I can imagine that Belle would like to visit Scrapnik Island one day.

4. Bluebobo

Bluebobo

Weird take central Member
  5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    What an incredible painting for such a ridiculous subject matter.

Like it is a really REALLY good painting, but lol really Shadow androids (speaking of which they’ve been making a resurgence again lately which I don’t get)

6. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    It's because when the Neo Metal Sonic arc came out it looked like Whisper was acting cold with Shadow around and that inspired Flynn to incorporate the Shadow Androids into her backstory.

7. It's an impressive painting.

Yeah. The Shadow Androids traumatized her.

8. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Given the cliffhanger of #58, I expect that we're going to see them pull the trigger on a certain something making its first appearance in the comic soon...

9. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    Hmm, this may be a stretch, but Ian once said in a Bumblecast that he's avoided writing for Shadow due to the frustrating mandates on his character. The fact that he shows up along with Team Dark in the cliffhanger, could that be a sign of mandates regarding his character changing?

10. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    I certainly hope so, but I think it'd be prudent to point out that Evan Stanley is driving the direction of the book now (albeit under the supervision of SEGA and in reportedly close cooperation and consultation with Ian).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. Battons

Battons

Shining Force Fan Member
    I apologize for my ignorance but what might that be? I didn’t pick up anything on my first read.

12. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    My counter point to this is Ian has also said he thinks Evan did a good job with writing Shadow despite the "mandates" during the Chao Racing story and she is writing Issue 59.

13. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    GUN. I guess my pun was too subtle...

14. It would be neat to have GUN in the IDW comics.

15. OrionNavattan

OrionNavattan

Tech Member
    Oregon
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  16. Good to know. Shadow needs to be written better.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh that is really good to hear, I’m all for a more thoughtful Shadow.

I always envisioned Shadow to be more like Meta Knight than what he’s been interpreted as the past decade. He’s edgy and tries to save the hero from themselves but usually has to resort to force since the heroes of both series are a tad short sighted and thick headed (Sonic’s quick to act, Kirby mostly wants food and doesn’t expect his cheesecake will somehow lead to satan coming into being but that’s what always happens.)

18. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Shadow wanted to use the Eclipse Cannon to end Earth’s lazy lifestyle.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ok that’s how I envision modern Shadow anyway. SA2 Shadow at first fucked up his priorities then til 06 he had amnesia.

SA2 also has a script that was poorly translated and I take it basically all with a big ol grain of salt.

20. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    To be fair, Eggman was hoarding all the food, the fat fuck.