don't click here

Sega Prices on DK'Oldies

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by AlliaTheEchidna, Feb 24, 2023.

1. AlliaTheEchidna

AlliaTheEchidna

I do not know how many here keep up with the Youtuber gaming content creators who help guide others to good deals as collectors, but OMG this DK'Oldies situation has me giggling as I am originally from the area the store is in, and I am getting a kick from them finally getting called out. I went out of curiosity to see what Sega games and consoles looked like on there, since dang near EVERYTHING else is a 2x - 3x mark up from the going rate for used versions of those items.

upload_2023-2-24_12-44-56.png

Some of the Game Gear games are kinda reasonable

upload_2023-2-24_12-49-2.png

As are some of the common games for Genesis
    upload_2023-2-24_12-49-33.png

And then there is some like this that infuriate me
    upload_2023-2-24_12-50-39.png

THAT IS FOR JUST THE DISC

From one of their competitors you can get it with the manual and a mint case for basically the same price

upload_2023-2-24_12-52-2.png

I kinda see why everyone is annoyed, well other than the consoles being never cleaned but claimed to be refurbished. As a collector myself, I am glad I have never had to stoop to buying from them for an insane markup because I could not find something I wanted.

2. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    If your DK Island don't have Panorama Cotton for one gorillion dollars, I ain't buying your games.

3. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I’d heard of DK Oldies but being from the UK hadn’t looked into them any further until the recent fiasco.

Basically, if the price is that high, just don’t buy from them. If people are buying consoles and games from DK Oldies without doing their homework on pricing, then that’s on them.

I’ve been using eBay for years and very rarely have I ever encountered an issue. DK Oldies seems to simply exist because of the notion that eBay sellers can’t be trusted, which is ridiculous. I have always found eBay themselves very good when it comes to lodging issues for returns and refunds.

When you sell consoles as “refurbished” it means at the very least that you’ve cleaned them inside and out. From what I’ve heard they often don’t even come with original controllers which is just… eurgh.

4. AlliaTheEchidna

AlliaTheEchidna

Same outside of growing up in their area, they kinda left my brain. It makes me eye twitch on the consoles being "refurbished" but having cheap 3rd party controllers and no cleaning done whatsoever. I just got quite the chuckle from how overpriced they made Nights but also again is an eye twitch moment

:psyduck: that is funny af