don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog Continuity Thread of Love and Timelines

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by dredd, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  2. Pengi

Pengi

This has come up before. Sonic Drift 2 has an Ice Cap track, so that's not the case.

3. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Or just maybe there's another Ice Cap in West Side Island. There's a Hidden Palace after all.

4. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

5. Pengi

Pengi

You said Sonic Drift 2 "clearly" takes place on West Side Island. It doesn't "clearly" take place on West Side Island if it has a Sonic 3 zone in it. If you have to make up a reason why Ice Cap isn't Ice Cap then no, it isn't "clear" that the entire game takes place on West Side Island.

This thread isn't for presenting fan theory as fact, that leads to misinformation and confusion. There's another thread for headcanons.

6. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

It's like some wikia claiming that Studiopolis is on West Side Island because Chemical Plant leads to it, even though we don't know if anything was real or illusion.

7. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Indeed, and Iron Ruin is implied to be the remnants of Scrap Brain Zone, from the outline.

So Sonic Drift 2 implicitly takes place on all three islands of the mainlines, but appears to mostly take place on Westside Island, since most of the tracks are recognisably from there.

If we're going off Taxman's development stream, then apparently it did all actually happen if I recall correctly.

9. I checked out the JP text and it says 見知らぬ人 which means “someone you don’t recognize.” Trying to make these kinds of inferences off a translation isn’t a good idea.

Edit: Typed the wrong kana.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Pengi

Pengi

That's a stretch as well.

11. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

I don't see the resemblance.

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Then you may want to edit Iron Ruins' wiki entry, since it notes the same thing.

It's the black domed buildings with the red windows, and the distant jagged pylons that make people think they're related.
    [​IMG]

13. Pengi

Pengi

The architecture is completely different. They just have a similar silhouette effect.

14. I find fan wikis in general lack proper citation standards. People tend to post whatever subjective interpretation they want. There is a vague similarity between the silhouettes but not to the extent that I would mention it on the wiki page unless there was an official source stating there's a connection.

15. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    Yeah, recently I've been trying to add more citations to wikis in general. I think every wiki needs to improve their citations standards.

16. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    I thought that the only mystery that surrounds Sonic CD is R2, and the early versions of the special stage. BUT today a friend showed me this:
    ExiMtiDWUAMGZws.png
    And we had an argument about when exactly the Sonic CD events take place.
    According to our wiki- between Sonic 1 and 2, but according to this data my friend thinks that it happens... after 3?

17. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The official canon, as of Sonic Origins, is that CD is set between Sonic 1 and 2.

18. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
  19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    That is a topic better suited for The Timeline Thread than here, though be warned it's likely been well worn territory in there.

EDIT: Went ahead and moved the posts to there.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. MasterDreamcaster

MasterDreamcaster

Running Up That Green Hill Member
    I also thought about Mecha Sonic and Metal Sonic.
    In my opinion the evolution goes like: Mecha from Sonic 2 –> Mecha from Sonic & Knuckles, while Metal is a separate version.
    It seems Ohshima-san views it in a different way: Mecha from Sonic 2 –> Metal from Sonic CD.
    —————
    When I first saw Metal Sonic in Heroes, my first thought was: "It's that robot from S&K".
    l_57514fe6f2ebd.jpg
    Sonic looks here like on Heroes cover.
    71r27mJuWaL.jpg
    The Official Cookbook. Pretty awesome, huh? Who needs an artbook with concept art for Sonic 3, CD – with all that Ice Cap, Temple in the Sky, Dubious Depths / Ridicule Root stuff?
    We want to know how to cook chili dogs!
    ...right?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2023