don't click here

Looking for the 1994 Sonic style guide and/or its disc

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by netscapenow, Dec 30, 2022.

1. netscapenow

netscapenow

Hey, all. I'm looking for anything surrounding this 1994 style guide:
    upload_2022-12-30_19-15-11.png
    Someone else and I are interested in it mostly to preserve the contents of the CD that (most likely, haven't seen a picture of the CD but there's filenames listed in some pictures of the book :V) came with it, which I don't believe have ever been uploaded online before (some of the renders of Sonic's head were later used on the Sonic Art Assets DVD, but I don't think all of them are there) and to get higher quality scans.

You may know this style guide for featuring this horrible Robotnik that popped up in a bunch of books and merch from the time:
    upload_2022-12-30_19-20-12.png

If anyone here knows where I could track down a copy (or has one and is willing to dump the disc or provide scans), that'd be great!

2. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

You mean the best Robotnik? :tinfoil:

I have nothing else to add to this topic. Good luck!

3. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Gotta love how even in the stylebook Sonic's a snarky ass

4. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I don't have the disc, but I do have a few physical pages from it. I won it from an auction where somehow someone obtained the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Lifesavers campaign file from I'm guessing the advertising company that handled Lifesavers at the time.

5. Pengi

Pengi

That sounds really interesting! Are you able to scan them?

6. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    My scanner needs work done, but eventually I probably can. There was sensitive info in them though so I don't know what I might do about that.

7. EtherianAmber

EtherianAmber

hello. i am the "someone else" mentioned in the og post. very happy to hear someone has a copy and is willing to scan. for the sensitive info i would recommend blacking it out and/or omitting it entirely.

for the CD mentioned, i found that in a video upload of someone in Ireland's copy of the style guide. it was mentioned in a forum post here by that same person way back when he was selling it on eBay. while both the US and EU seemed to use the same base guide made in 1994, EU had its own subsection of unique art used only there. (STC aficionados would know they started using a new design and stock art for Sonic in 1997.) the guide was designed to be frequently re-updated and given new material over the years, so eventually art of the satam characters (under a separate licensing agreement) and knuckles were added.