don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    And that's entirely up to you, and partially why I'm fending off a potential dispute here.

2. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    If he goes by "Eggman" because of trying to reclaim the nickname Sonic gave him, how's he going by Eggman in a Sonic-less universe?

Could either be an (understandable) oversight, or maybe this universe became Sonic-less after he and Robotnik had already been fighting for some time.

Why wouldn't they?

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Why is Sonic saying the Tornado is Tails', when Sonic owns it?
    They didn't think through the splits.

To have decent plots. I'm aware it's the canon now, though, even if I hate it with every fibre of my being, so what will be used for backstory.

4. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    I read up on the Japanese manual and

I do not see how Origins is a retcon, at "worst," it's a truncated version of what was already stated to have happened. And for the purpose of Prime, it's an easy way to show and explain why this Tails is so different.

Either way, this detail or the ownership of the Tornado are both things not worth getting worked up about in the slightest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Snowbound

Snowbound

I think the character sprites look good, it’s the level/environment sprites that look flat

6. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    I'll @ you on the continuity thread later with the issues, since you've ignored my request.

7. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Yeah the pixel art is a little bit crusty, like it was clearly made by someone who can do normal art just fine but isn't much of a pixel artist. As long as they're not over-reliant on it it's fine.

The voice acting and dialogue is good. Thank god. This was what I was scared of every time we got a trailer or preview, and even though I knew it could've just been edited poorly, it was still a worry, especially since I've disliked most of this company's output past the original Ben 10 (which I still haven't actually seen in actual decades so maybe it still sucked too, who knows). But nope! Sonic and Tails sound good, there's no annoying insincere nonsense, and even if this is going to be a largely-episodic deal, the fact that it's trying to be a real what-if with how the different versions of the characters became the people they are is shaping up to be pretty good. And hey, the animation is great! It's easily the best-moving Sonic TV show, assuming the production didn't fall apart or something halfway through.

Also, I just looked up the JP manuals for the first time and lol, y'all are as out of touch with the writing as you are with the quill length debate. It's barely any different.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    The pixelart could have been better but other than that, this all is fine, even with the weird voices =P

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    I'll @ you in as well.

10. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    If it's anything like Fully Charged, then I expect they'll be used for mainly flashbacks, mostly for characters telling their backstory like here. They were used for other things like a versus screen, and a couple of other things here and there, but other than that, it didn't show up all that much as far as I can remember. So, I'm expecting something similar, if not as much with Prime.

EDIT: Don't think this has been posted yet, but Gizmodo posted some stills.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  11. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I was pleasantly surprised by the clip outside of the uncanny facial animation. The new voice actors are pretty nice! It was also interesting to see the same Tails backstory that depicted in Sonic Origins. I get why there’s an increased focus on keeping classic lore consistent now. I wonder if they’ll ever name the bully characters

…I’m a bit less enthused about the possibility this thread taking a turn towards the nightmare the continuity thread became when Origins came out though.

12. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    I think Tyson Hesse said they had names but he won't publicly reveal them right now.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  13. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    I liked the writing but the pixel art was very cringe

14. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    It was a fairly frequent occurrence for pixel art to represent something somewhat insignificant but costly to 3d model and animate, like represent Wave Man's pet aligator, or show Aki / Mega Man walking in on a surgery as a gag, or him protecting the city from the damage caused by a fight between Fire Man and Namagem.

The budget difference in this show is gigantic, though, and I expect them to never have to rely on that for action sequences.

On top of it all, it seems like the final form the show's taking has had a much longer time to develop. Fully Charged was constantly changing for like 3 years, which can be felt in the final product in certain ways. (It's still a great show with a great core and sense of humor and you'll have a hard time finding something better for the budget)

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Why do you think I kept requesting they go to that thread and said "I'm not going to drag the Continuity fight over to this thread"? That nightmare stays there if I can help it.

16. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Well, the character writing is better than I thought it was at first blush, but I’m still struggling to get used to the voices, and god that pixel art is horrific. If this gets a second season (which I don’t think is a foregone conclusion given the premise) and they want to continue doing pixel art scenes, I really hope they get Crappy Blue and co on board.

Other than that, I like Sonic’s gear in the pirate dimension, but I’m kind of weirded out by Rouge hanging around as if she’s just another friend. Really hope they explain that in the show proper.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Their names are Flargon and Dingle

18. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Fucking Flargon?

19. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Flargon's my favorite Pokémon :eng99:

20. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I've rewatched the clip way too many times to count. It feels like some of the best character moments of Fully Charged. I'm very excited.