don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. synchronizer

synchronizer

Has anyone shown Kishimoto a comparison of the momentum mod yet? Supposing they were making the next game already, they could try it today. It's a simple mod-capable change to their engine that already makes the existing gameplay more interesting and fluid.
    (By the way, for all we know, he just has stock responses, but maybe not?)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  2. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    https://twitter.com/coal_stocking/status/1599960898718007296?
    Welp, I shot my shot and asked him a question. I hope he'll answer but I'm not holding my breath. Even if he doesn't reply, I hope he at least sees it. I want him to know our concerns.

3. synchronizer

synchronizer

I feel like your tweet would be clearer if you referred to floating platforms and rails. Not sure how accurate the translation is, but "platform system" could mean gameplay or even an operating system or console.
    Maybe also if you included a comparison of the generic Frontiers platforms with the floating platforms from Green Forest to be consistent.

4. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I was actually more specific in my original text, but alas machine translation can only do so much. That, and Twitter's short character limit is, well, limiting. I think I got the point across though.

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

Oh, I see.
    I was thinking that the floating platforms were more egregious than the rails though.

Here's a screen from Green Forest that I found:
    [​IMG]

Personally, I'm more hoping that they'll re-introduce new locations with a stylized look and feel. At least Sonic Adventure 1 and Colors had those.

6. kyasarintsu

kyasarintsu

Regarding natural-feeling environments, I feel like SA2 was the beginning of the end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. synchronizer

synchronizer

True. Crates and.. well… pieces of level were built from generic platforms. SA1 is a better example. It had fewer floating platform segments by far.

8. Bilollipop

Bilollipop

Click another game first, then unselect it and pick Sonic :)

9. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    Thank you! Been trying to cast a vote for days on the other rounds. Can't let Frontiers lose to Genshin lol.

10. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Hoenstly, it's kind of depressing. It's not even limited to games from this year, but everyone knows Elden Ring is the best game in the top 3, and instead it's cut between Sonic and the Gacha Bullshit (incidentally a good title for a third storybook game). Obviously I want Sonic to win, but if it has to lose I'd rather it lose to something with dignity.

11. That’s promising but I can’t help but think how weird it’d be for someone to tweet at me using a profile pic of a dead coworker…

12. It’s hard to win when you’re going up against the botnet that fans and possibly even the publisher of Gacha Bullshit are likely employing here, at least we can get a good laugh knowing that they’re wasting a lot of resources on this thinking it will be the big moment where the rest of us stop seeing Gacha Bullshit as Gacha Bullshit. I do think it deserves a place in these awards but in a new category called “Best Whaling Expedition”.

13. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Yes, and I’m slightly annoyed with how SEGA social media channels are flooded with posts asking for votes, as if people voting for the game makes it a great game.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Frontiers is no longer in the lead. It's now in second place by 20-something% against Genshin Impact. And apparently votes for both sides have been doing a back and forth. So it's all basically meaningless.

15. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    sonic peaktiers vs genshit midpact

The Game Awards are meaningless anyway, it's basically just the industry stroking its own dick with the occasional neat announcement. It really doesn't matter if Frontiers is recognized at all.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. Chaos Fusion

Chaos Fusion

Null
    Was watching Reddit when it happened. Pretty much the Twittersphere and select few Reddit posts riled up the GI community who retaliated appropriately. Some racist tweets on Twitter also convinced certain overseas communities to vote out of spite and voila, Frontiers now in second place and some people licking their wounds after claiming early victories. Also, many communities claiming bots are being used which is very amusing.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Lol yeah I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the show. I'm winning no matter what the outcome is.

18. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Activate the Russian bots, Frontiers cannot allow itself to be overtaken by unhygienic weebs

19. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    https://twitter.com/moq_46/status/1591935767659806720
    Just above the rolling physics tweet is a fun little tidbit:
    I remember seeing a square in place of a triangle more than once, but I didn't consciously give it any thought. That's neat!
    …Wait, is that what that symbol means + - when Eggman hears Sage's voice in his lab   ?

20. Pshh, real weebs wouldn’t play a Chinese gacha game. That’s like calling Avatar an anime.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List