don't click here

The Sonic Frontiers *SPOILER* Thread (With Unmarked Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, Sep 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Wyvern does have rings, Doomsday Zone style. I know that much. But Knight doesn't.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I have a hard time seeing rings in 3D super fights, in any 3D Sonic save for SA1 really. It’s like try to swat a fly.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    If Kishimoto is saying Amy was going to refill your rings, and the leak says "a ghost girl" refills your rings, then it sounds like Amy is the "ghost girl", but idk.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I just remember a few mentions of “ghost girl” and did that many people just not know who Amy is?

5. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Possible they just had placeholder voice acting playing, so people just didn't recognize who it was supposed to be?

6. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Yeah, people not knowing who Amy is seems weird to me as well. But that could only feel odd to us because we're Sonic fans. The leaker also called the Homing Attack the "lock on attack", so who knows. I can see how the weird visual effect on characters who are trapped in cyberspace might make them seem like ghosts.

This also seems plausible.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Mmh, since there's 7 stages per island (save for the last two, but they were half assed at the last minute so who cares) it could be a very real possibility.
    Maybe they realised the stages weren't up to snuff and decided to make them optional, but I would've actually preferred a simpler gameplay loop of "stage→emerald' instead of "stage→keys→emerald"...because who's actually gonna get them through fishing or treasure spots/enemies lol, it's just padding at this point

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think they added the keys so A. There are more collectibles, and B. To give people alternate ways to get the emeralds if they’re not a fan of cyberspace. I think it was a good call actually.

9. Exoticus

Exoticus

To be honest, even after years of hearing Cindy as Amy, the new voice direction for the characters caught me off guard (remember when everyone trying to figure out who the "ghost girl" was in the original trailers?)

I can totally see someone who's a noob to the Sonic series not catching who exactly is talking, especially during a hectic Super Sonic fight.

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

5 years for Giganto?
    Maybe they really did change him a ton and he was originally a giant tree?

11. Gnidel

Gnidel

I think it includes everything included in this fight, including Super Sonic, combat + Super form variant, climbing mechanic. Additionally, it didn't have to be continuous 5 years, but he was an early addition that was constantly tweaked.

12. Circlestar

Circlestar

SS Rank Tricks! Member
    Apologies if this has been talked about already, but has anyone gone to have a look at what that weird structure is in midair on the old Kronos maps?

13. I absolutely cheesed most of the game through Big and hunting spots. By the end I was grabbing more required items there than anywhere else.

14. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    It's one of the structures from Chaos Island. No idea why it's floating in midiar on the old Kronos map.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I'm doing another playthrough, this time in English.
    I've seen people complaining about the Japanese localization, but honestly? The German dub isn't great either. The delivery there doesn't match the gestures and facial expressions most of the time and doesn't have that subtle humour going. That's such a shame because I actually like our voice cast a lot. That was like the first thing I noticed.

The next thing was I didn't plan to go for 100%, but the Open Zone is leaving me no choice. Before it comes to grinding Memory Tokens, I'd rather clear them all right from the start. As fun as this is, it's already starting to get repetitive. I've seen them all, done them all, and they're clearly not memorable enough to keep me invested. Less collecting, more puzzle solving?

Aaand...

I dunno, but Cyberspace just kinda does it for me. 1-1 to 1-3 are lame, almost tutorial-like, but 1-4 (Gens GHZ), 1-5 (Gens CPZ) and 1-7 (SA2 City Escape) are just chef's kiss. I'm curious what everyone's favourite Cyberspace stages are.

There are many ways to fuck up a potential sequel. Personally, I'm for a combination of Open Zone and Cyberspace. Just go for the middle option and optimize the heck out of that.

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I mean 1-1 and 1-2 literally ARE while you are dropped right in front of 1-3 after the tutorial is over.

17. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    But the game doesn't explicitly tell you that. So I'm like, 'Yeah, let's do this!' and then, 'Whoops, guess it was just a tutorial.'

18. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    An idle thought: did the Perfect Chaos and Biolizard influence the Titan fights?

Just, weaving around the attacks, including a point where they start firing beams at the super-powered Hedgehog to knock them back...

19. synchronizer

synchronizer

Hm. I wonder if at one point it was going to be one gigantic map with all the islands connected.

20. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Hardware restrictions aside, that would have made a lot of sense. Maybe it was even planned to have the Cyberspace levels on the map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.