don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yes agreed they all look really good in this game because of the fur materials. When Knuckles, Amy, and Tails aren’t all cyber they look really good too.

2. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I'm not the biggest fan of fur textures on cartoonish characters but I thought it actually looked pretty good in Frontiers. It's subtle and doesn't mess with the designs in any major way which is fine by me. Kind of reminds me of that velvet-like fuzzy texture Shadow had in SA2
    upload_2022-11-21_21-1-53.jpeg
    Not gonna lie though, I don't really want to see Sonic in a hyper-realistic environment again and I hope that doesn't become the norm going forward. I would love to see a 3D Sonic game that experiments with a cel-shaded style and gets the characters to look like they do in Uekawa's 2D illustrations.
    [​IMG]
    that would be pretty cool.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. VenomTH

VenomTH

Frontiers is currently 50% off on Amazon less than two weeks after release. Here is a link to the Amazon U.S. product page.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  4. Linkabel

Linkabel

I agree with this so much, especially love how it looks throughout the day cycle. I'm sad that skin mods don't keep the fur texture.

5. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Wouldn't that be due to Black Friday?

6. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Brazilian game channel Voxel gave Frontiers a score of 88.

8. VenomTH

VenomTH

Probably, although I don't usually see any other games discounted this early. It could be normal.

9. No reason to see this as a permanent price drop, it just happens to be that time of the year where everyone slashes prices to encourage more holiday spending. Even first party Nintendo releases receive significant price drops for "black friday," despite hardly ever lowering in price period and rarely going on limited time sales at all.

10. I had a friend asking whether to get P5R or Frontiers on Switch which are both recent games selling for 50%-off for Black Friday. I doubt P5R performed poorly so I think it’s not indicative of the game’s sales and Sega’s just being pretty generous with their offers.

For the record, I told him P5R lol. I said Frontiers can wait until he gets a PS5.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It's worth noting Sega games in general tend to get discounted fairly quickly - I don't care what Sega said in the leadup to the launch on this game, the sales going on at the moment prove it's business as usual, regardless of if they go back up again after Black Friday (probably to a slightly lower level than the start anyway). It's entirely feasible Frontiers will be at my target price of £20 by the time my birthday rolls around in Spring.

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Thought the game was so nice I beat it twice :eng99:

Second go around I got every map based memory token and played without any physics mods (I know I did it backwards) and I clocked in at 18:30. Mod scene seems lively though, and while I won’t come back to this for a bit since it’s at least a 15 hour investment I look forward to playing more later on.

13. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    PSR went on sale on PS4 literally 3 weeks after it came out. I remember because I was a little salty even though I loved the game.

SEGA games just get discounted fast

14. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    [​IMG]
    Huh, that's neat.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Those things would be the most uncomfortable shoes ever made but they look really cool so that makes up for it.

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    At the end of the day isn’t that what fancy shoes are all about? Flash not comfort

17. At the end right now. All I can say at this point is Frontiers is just another Sonic game hurt badly by attempts to pad out the game's length. Could've been a satisfying 10 hours but instead it's a dull repetitive 20+ hours. Was worried that'd be the case and I do not like being right about negative things.

18. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    I been looking for deals for Sonic Frontiers on the Switch for my sis as a Xmas present and it hurts to see it cheap on the PS5 which she does not have.

EDIT: Nvm I was able to find it for a very low price. God bless early Black Friday. She is a casual Sonic Fan but was very hype to play the game but she doesnt have a gaming PC for me to share Steam with and only has a Switch so this is going to be a huge surprise for her.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  19. MH MD

MH MD

I would say one of the nicest things about Frontiers that separate it apart from other games in the series, is that it let you dictate your own pace, i finished it in 15-16 hours, with half of it being me just roaming around doing whatever cause i was having so much fun just for the controlling alone and how much freedom i had ,missed like half the battles and cyperstage levels, other people i know finished it in like 10-12 hours -to speak nothing of speedruns but they kinda don't count to natural progressing here-, the game even give you the fishing mini-game that basically let you allow to skip major parts of collecting and progress through the story much faster if you want, no other sonic game give you options like that and basically force you to set through the padding to get to the ending -or True Ending-

20. Yeah, I had no problem with the length. I found it pretty ideal. I was around 18 hrs for the first playthrough which was pretty leisurely without going for 100% of the challenges or gates, just meandering towards objectives while doing what I wanted along the way. At no point did I ever feel like I needed to earn the fun parts or grind to progress by doing something like the multiple playthroughs in Heroes, sun/moon medal collecting or Werehog in Unleashed, or even the challenges in Generations (which I don’t mind now but I didn’t like them when it released). The only thing is sometimes I didn’t want to do the Cyberspace levels because it took until I started speedrunning them to really appreciate them and learn to enjoy how they control (even if it’s not perfect).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List