don't click here

The Sonic Frontiers *SPOILER* Thread (With Unmarked Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, Sep 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    How is the exploration/puzzle-solving? Is it as boring as it looks? I guess it'd be too early to tell, though.

2. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Sounds about as I expected, which I'm happy about. Definitely going to have a fair bit of fun with this one. Although what do you mean by 'clipping issues'? Does Sonic clip through terrain, or is it just basic stuff like Sonic's feet going through props on the ground such as grass?

Also RE: Roger's voice, he does sound pretty oddly deep. It feels a little weird since I'm so used to more peppy interpretations of Sonic like Roger's past performances and of course Ryan and Jason, but honestly? It doesn't sound too bad on it's own. I'll probably like it more once I get used to it when playing the game.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  3. Felik

Felik

Does anyone know what the preorder gloves and shoes look like? I'm not sure if I want to buy standard or deluxe edition since I really don't care for xp/hp boosts but these cosmetics might be worth it.

4. Some are better than others. The one that opens the path to the Titan took a few minutes and it seems a little unintuitive.

5. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    upload_2022-11-2_21-55-32.png
    They aren't pre order bonuses BTW, they just come with the deluxe edition.

6. Enemies clipping through the environment. Its very blatant in some areas.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. Felik

Felik

Thanks! These actually look pretty neat. So I assume there is no way to get these in game normally just like the soap shoes?

8. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Based on your tweet, you're playing the PS5 version, correct?

Gonna be fun seeing how the past-gen versions pan out, let alone the Switch version...

9. Frostav

Frostav

I really need to see what the other island look like...they are quite possibly the least characterful locales in a Sonic game, so I hope to god they manage to somehow end strong. Keeping an eye out for impressions on what theme the final two have.

10. Turbohog

Turbohog

Gotta say, this is my least favorite Sonic voice of all time. I think I might even prefer he dreadful English voice from the ova.

From what I've seen online, I feel positive about the story. The actual gameplay still looks uninspired to me and I can't help but see wannabe Breath of the Wild all the time.

11. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    The only thing I want to know is how to access the "other half" of Kronos Island. People are theorizing you're allowed to go back to the island at some point after defeating the Titan, but I'd like to know for sure.

12. Gonna be honest, I think I'm more interested in Ares Island and Chaos Island than Kronos, not that I think Kronos looks bad, not really, I just think the other two islands looks way more cooler and interesting. I guess the vibes really clicks with me. But Kronos still looks cool to me tho'.

I thought Roger's voice was a little weird in the very first cutscenes, but I think he sounded pretty good in the time he was rescuing Amy, probably just needs to get used to it, honestly. Speaking about Amy, I really loved the direction on her voice (and character?!) as well, reminds me a little of Boom and IDW Amy.

Now, I really need to hear some game's soundtrack rip. :eng99:

13. Lol classic. I mentioned last week that I wish I had planned to come back to visit my parents in NYC this week so I could pick it up early. Danes are too rule-abiding to let games slip early :V

Well I’m probably going to bow out of this thread now until Tuesday. Still need to grab a PS5 or Series X before then. Even though I planned to get both systems eventually, I wanted the game for PS5 for trophies but PS5s are still mostly scalped for ridiculous prices here while the Series X can be gotten secondhand for like 25-40% off MSRP immediately.

Enjoy the game, fellas.

14. So is the bounce attack just this?

15. SEGA are not wasting any time deleting the leaked videos lol.

16. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Full ROM leaked online, here's the main theme:

Grab it while it's hot! I have the feeling it's not gonna stick around for long :V

(y'know, I know recency bias is a thing and all, but this might genuinely be my favourite theme in the entire series, like it's sooooo good. Why do everythin about this game look so godamn good lol)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Taylor

Taylor

finally, a game for sonic adventure fans,

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Alright, let's keep the shitposting reined in, please. :V

19. Initial reactions here; and I'm sure this is influenced by recently playing Bayonetta 3; but Frontiers feels like what would happen if you mixed the genre's / devs together. Albeit not chapter like in Bayonetta, but just... like really big chapters. Imagining the Cyberspace levels to be the same as the realms / challenges in Bayonetta.

I found that Frontiers has as much platforming as Forces entirely within the first area. So consider this already higher in the tier list than that. Jury's still out for me, but I can see this being up there at the top somewhere.

Disclaimer: I really don't care about "jank" or "frames". If it plays good, and is enjoyable for me, that's fine. This is coming from someone who, whilst they shouldn't have been as long, didn't mind the loading screens in '06.

20. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    It's not 100% confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt: according to some people the total of number of cyberspace stages is + - 30, and feature only 4 level themes, the ones we already knew about (GHZ, CPZ, SSZ, City). It's not the 50 level count some people theorised, but it's still a huge amount imo. It's technically the same amount as Forces, but without the bosses and the bad ones (classic :V) clogging the level count. 30 fully featured Sonic stages, with hopefully very little 2D...I can't wait!  

I've also got my hands on the complete soundtrack and it's absolutely glorious, it might honestly dethrone Forces as my favourite Sonic soundtrack.
    It's got the same EDM feel for the cyberspace stages, but with a bunch of other genre for the rest of it- giving it some much needed variety Forces sorely lacked.

That's as far as I'll go when it comes to leaks, I'm happy listening to the soundtrack on loop until the 8th :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.