don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    If you want to see a prime example of dedication towards some videogame, look for Pannenkoek on Youtube and see how deep the rabbit hole goes. He made videos about how the beby penguin blinks its eyes and about how Mario falls asleep, amongst other things.

2. Wow, that guy is/was obsessive. Some of those vids must take ridiculously long to route out.

On the topic of impressing a date, I think he has a better chance. Looking forward to a video for:
    “Making her orgasm - 0x button presses”

3. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    So it's some quirk and not me being very smart to get the best angle to jump. That explains why something felt so off in the remakes/Mania, I've probably tried that kind of jump many times there and ended thinking I was failing my attempts.

4. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Hololive Productions agency Vtuber gets official permission to cover Escape from the City. Has there ever been officially endorsed covers of Sonic songs before? I feel like this might be a first, but I have no idea.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    It's literally a school of science at this point!

6. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    In every single level in Sonic 06, Sonic (and Elise!) hover above the ground slightly during their victory animation.
    upload_2022-10-23_12-33-4.png
    upload_2022-10-23_12-33-23.png
    upload_2022-10-23_12-40-26.png
    The only exception to this is White Acropolis, but it only gets half points because rather than floating above the ground, Sonic is just clipping through the floor.
    upload_2022-10-23_12-35-19.png
    I have absolutely no idea what causes this, it doesn't affect any other character (to my knowledge), but it's still pretty funny nonetheless.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    It's paying tribute to Sonic CD.

I think there are occasions where this happens in Sonic Adventure and/or Sonic Adventure 2 (though don't quote me on this - I might be getting confused with wandering eyes or weird cameras). The animation will be misaligned and nobody noticed.

That being said, if someone can confirm which version(s) of the game do this, we could add it to the wiki as a bug.

8. charcoal

charcoal

I noticed it while playing on a US 360 copy on an emulator, and the screenshots I used are a mix of my own and Youtube screenshots from a US 360. Looking at Youtube videos (because I do not have a PS3), it also seems to apply to the US PS3 version. I would assume it's an all regions thing, but I have no way of verifying that, because the only JP 06 gameplay I can find has the ending animations cut out, LMAO.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Regarding White Acropolis, doesn't everyone sink slightly into the ground at all times on that level? You know, just to cheaply simulate the idea of them being in deep snow? So that would mean that Sonic is hovering slightly on the victory screen, but you just cant tell.

10. Kyro

Kyro

Does he hover slightly when just standing during gameplay? If so its a collission issue with his model, which could be the cause. But I think the most likely scenario is just that he's not positioned properly for the results screen so he ends up being aligned slightly above the ground, or his collission changes for some reason for the results screen

11. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  12. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I'd say that's probably correct. Sonic '06 doesn't have that many bugs because the ones it does have completely break the game.

Granted, both lists are woefully incomplete and I never figured out how to get an account set up.

13. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    A friend told me today that he bought a 3D stereoscopic monitor and tried a few Steam games on it. SA2 was the only game natively compatible with Stereoscopic 3D... which is kinda surprising, was this known? He says only the rings popped out, and that it is native, no emulated 2D to 3D (you can put anything in that), it is really native, hardcoded into the Steam version.

Might it be a leftover for a cancelled 3DS port? Not even Generations is natively 3D, while it is officialy 3D at PS3...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Generations PC had side-by-side 3d.

15. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    That's a really weird thing for SA2 to have...

16. charcoal

charcoal

In the Spagonia hub world, you can hear someone whistling the title screen song "The World Adventure". Pretty sure this has been documented already somewhere, but I still thought it was pretty cool when I stumbled upon it nonetheless, and I wanted to share it with you all.

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I think it's actually the specific whistling from the teaser trailer, too, which is neat. Definitely one of those "We noted it back then but it's been a long time so new people get to find out" things, for sure.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I still can’t help but hear Angel Island Zones music there

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I've still never been able to hear it. I know which bit you're on about, but it's just so clearly not Angel Island to me.

And no, Savannah Citadel isn't the S1 8bit credits either.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    One of those “once you hear it you can’t not” sort of things. It’s def just a coincidence but a fun one at least