don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. I doubt its just that; she's featured a bit too prominently, up into her actively being with the group when the multiverse is shattered.

I don't mind it since she finally get a chance to shine in a different context without needing to be tied to Shadow, I just hope she still keeps her morally dubious traits.

2. I'm sorry, but this trailer was absolutely incredible. Holy shit, the animation looks so damn amazing and I really LOVED that character design.

SEGA literally gave me a birthday present and I couldn't be happier today.

And that Bunny-like Amy looks raw as hell.

3. Eh? I’ll watch it but nothing stood out to me except Sonic’s voice being pretty good. I’d need to hear more but I probably prefer him to all English VAs excluding Drummond. “Gotta go fast” needs to be axed from everything Sega touches though. It’s just so cringey at this point. It was fine for a minute when the series needed to embrace the meme because the status of the franchise was so poor, but enough is enough.

4. The rest of the scenario looks so good compared to the Green Hill we saw in first trailer.

5. lupinsmask

lupinsmask

Sonic sounds fine (I hear less ben schwartz-lite which is good), Eggman sounds fine (still strongly prefer Pollock), I want bat tits front and center.

6. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Japanese trailer. Junichi's still at it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    If they can have Jun'ichi can we have an American dub with Roger now?

Joking of course though, I quite like these new VA's performances so far. Eggman still sounds a little weird to me, but I'll definitely get used to him as I watch the show. I wonder if these guys were originally supposed to replace the game cast when all the VA's was almost replaced. Seems likely since they did it before with the 4Kids actors and Sonic X.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I doubt it since Prime is a Canadian production and thus requires Canadian VAs for those sweet tax cuts.

Plus everyone was thinking Ben would replace Roger.

9. Turbohog

Turbohog

I actually think the animation looks off and have felt so since the first teaser clip. I thought all the voice acting sounded quite good though!

10. Snowbound

Snowbound

If Ben was ever considered to replace Roger… did anyone actually ask Ben? Cuz I think he’s waaay out of the price range Sega’s willing to pay for a Sonic game.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I thought the same but people will think what they think.

12. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

He wouldn't answer anyways even if you asked him because he's under NDA or would just lie and say no.

13. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

I wasn’t inpressed with the first trailer, but this does looks alright, actually.

I like the concept of the multiverse here, as worn and tired of a trope it has become in the last few years. I think the voice actors are all better than what we currently have in the games, Eggman included. I’m still not entirely sure of the art : graphical style as it feels a bit bare and clinical, but whatever.

As someone else said above, they need to stop using “gotta go fast”. It’s no longer funny or edgy, and it’s seemingly become Sonic’s catchphrase unironically. I’m not sure at this point that the people in charge of the franchise realise the origin and use of the phrase.

14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I was messing around with the shot of the Eggmen from the trailer, and...
    [​IMG]
    ...huh. When it's brightened and contrast-boosted, you can get a better look at them.

We already knew vaguely what these guys would look like from the leaked concept art, and we can match them up here. From left to right, it's baby Egg, child Egg, adult Egg, <???> Egg, and Old Egg. But what the heck is going on with that guy in the middle? One would assume that to be middle-aged Eggman, the one we know and love. But he has this strange head with no neck or chin, and kind of looks like a muppet? That might be a mustache and not a mouth, but it's way too thin to be our Eggman's stache! He also has rectangular glasses rather than round like the rest, and has...something on the side and top of his head.

I think this might be a fake decoy Eggman, while the real one hides away and leaves his future/past/alternate(?) selves to do the gruntwork.

15. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    I'm confused. I thought the premise of this series was Sonic hopping between different dimensions, but it looks like it'll be grounded in only one alternate dimension. And it doesn't seem like a different dimension, but rather a different timeline. And the different Egg-men look like they were pulled from different timelines as well, different points in Eggman's life.

This plot is reminding me more and more of Dexter's Laboratory: Ego Trip.

16. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    The city they showed is probably just from the first 1-3 episodes. We know there’s some kind of jungle or primitive Amy right? I’m betting the cast changes as it goes on.

17. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I'm honestly surprised Drummond is voicing Eggman. I figured he'd be voicing Shadow since it'd seemed like a no-brainer. Though maybe they knew and wanted to avoid something so obvious, I dunno. He does sound interesting though. I'm definitely liking the what's in the trailer.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  18. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    So far Deven Mack is great as Sonic, there are parts where he sounds almost exactly like Ryan Drummond, it's kinda surreal to hear Sonic sound like this again lol.

my one nitpick is that the way Sonic's mono-eye is animated looks kinda weird? I feel like his brow is lifted so high, whereas game Sonic's brow is usually a bit lower if that even makes any sense

Pixar's cars type look
    upload_2022-10-28_9-41-12.jpeg upload_2022-10-28_9-42-8.png

19. Felik

Felik

Why did you point that out? Now I can't unsee it because you're absolutely right :psyduck:

+ - P.S. I miss bat tits :(  

20. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    What I like:
    - Sonic & Eggman voice actors
    - Action looks really ok
    - the overall look of the show is a bit plastic, but it's not bad by any means
    - Oh hey, look! It's Rouge!

What I dislike:
    - The plot seems to be a bit generic (other world, resistance, heroes that we know but changed)
    - The new gloves/shoes are unnecessary

I'm indifferent to Rouge's new outfit. She is/was a spy, so it fits, it's clearly inspired by Sonic Heroes, so that's a plus... but then,
    why would they decide to hide/censor her bat-breasts? I mean, she's a woman, and women clearly have breasts.
    Seems kinda unnecessary if you ask me.

Also, didn't Ian Flynn mention at one point, that Rouge is morally ambigious? Seems like she's pretty heroic in the show.
    Maybe they wanted to add more female characters to the cast or something, which is a good thing - but then... I would prefer to see Blaze.