don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. RikohZX

RikohZX

And we've seen comparatively little. People keep saying "we've seen a lot", but it's all core mechanics and gameplay. Unless there's like, ten enemy types the whole game and they've showcased nearly all of them. The only snippets of story beyond the premise are literally word of mouth and spoilers from people getting further than they ever should have in the demos.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Makes sense since the animated short is about Knuckles.

3. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I wouldn't put it past Sonic Team

4. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

That would make another similarity the game shares with BOTW :V

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

... ... ... .

Ai Child is gonna turn into pink haired lady isn't she...?

Edit: Think about it, that character is still a 'child' so... Sonic ain't gonna 'destroy' her, so she's either going to survive the game and be nice or, do that transformation trope.

6. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Eh, I don’t see it. There’s absolutely zero commonality between the two designs.

7. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    This was a very good, unbiased take on the game. I really enjoyed this video, nice job. I feel like the one way grind rail issue could be very easily solved by just making boosters two way rather than one way, although I doubt Sonic Team will implement that sadly. Fingers crossed, though.

(Despite this I can't really see myself having this issue myself considering you can just, jump over the boosters. Doesn't excuse it though because you shouldn't have to do that in the first place.)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2022
  8. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    @MrMechanic video was very good and essentially expressed most of my concerns. Although I think the game will be very slightly above average rather than good.

9. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Aren't "above average" and "good" synonyms? I was under the impression they were. Or am I just bad at englishing?

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    They’re pretty close. Consider above average like 6/10 and good 7 or 8/10

11. Kyro

Kyro

Trying to determine where exactly it will fall on the "good" scale is all down to it actually coming out and us playing it, at this point, anyways.

The back half of the game could be a total flop, or it could be even better, we have no way of knowing until its out.

Or until it leaks, whichever comes first

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Not that it excuses any shortcomings the game lands with, but at least stuff like this should be fairly simple fixes as far as mods go. Certainly not ideal or even acceptable, but a definitive experience will be possible, I hope.

13. jubbalub

jubbalub

A Sonic Frontiers press disc has been sold on a Japanese auction website. Looks like it contains footage from the PS5, PS4, and Switch versions. Origins are unknown, as is the buyer.

• Informative Informative x 11
    • List
  14. Circlestar

Circlestar

SS Rank Tricks! Member
    DVD Video? That'd be some low quality 480p footage.

15. RDNexus

RDNexus

31€ is quite the bargain, in my opinion.
    Someone could try to catch it...for the community's sake, of course ^^"

16. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    only available in japan unfortunately :(

17. Circlestar

Circlestar

SS Rank Tricks! Member
    Hopefully somebody could get their hands on one of those discs and dump it for us. Who knows what they've got on that 8.5GB of space, outside of game footage?

18. RDNexus

RDNexus

That sure sucks :(
    Maybe a native could give a hand or so?

19. jubbalub

jubbalub

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  20. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Sorry I was taking a break/busy this weekend so forgot to check here.

Some of the rail booster's aren't just there to make the player go where they like, but to also ensure the player doesn't fail a jump to a new grind rail/pathway. The 'stream rail' as a good example of this.

After the first 2 rail boosters (these are pointless) you go through a bridge, then jump into a boost ring, and land on the new rail. The booster on the end of this rail is to ensure you always land on that specific rail, I've noticed in a lot of gameplay footage that ring and all boosters have very large hit boxes, the moment you touch the radius, you're snapped onto their directional pathway and... bobs your uncle, you're now on the 'right path'.

But some of the boosters, I just don't get why they're needed or why they can't be two way, e.g. the same 'stream rail' has 2 boosters on the curve that goes under the bridge, for utterly no reason.