don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. MH MD

MH MD

It's mandatory for every single SEGA game at this point, they probably cut a deal with denuvo for a number of years or so.

If Mania developers dissatisfaction with denuvo back in 2017 didn't lead to anything, nothing else will.

2. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Oh, I thought it was taken out of Mania after the fact.

3. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    The Soap Shoes are a fun touch, but I think it's funny considering back in the early 2000's I remember us discussing how to mod Sonic's regular shoes back into SA2.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh if I ever play SA2 I almost always use an option to give Sonic his trial shoes instead, which ironically are one of my favorite iterations of modern Sonic’s shoe and we only see it officially in the 1st 2 seconds of Sonic showing up in the opening hero story cutscene, and even then only in the Dreamcast version.

5. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I use the trial shoes in SA2 because the animations were clearly designed without the grind shoes in mind (well, literally, they existed before the model did), and those clonkers are way bigger on Sonic such that they clip through him all the time and don't feel quite right to watch.

I may use them in Frontiers if that problem doesn't repeat itself...assuming I can't get the movie shoes, because again, I would be happy if those replaced modern Sonic's shoes permanently. The regular ones have no arch support!

6. Snowbound

Snowbound

It was taken out of Mania when Plus came out.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, it was taken out of Mania but it was a loooooong time after launch. Also cut the main executable down by a hilarious amount of size showing what a bloated waste it is.

Any requesting Sega to take it out of Frontiers is wasted hot air: if not having it is that important to you (which is a very fair thing, DRM is evil), the only message they'll potentially care about is a lack of sales. Get it used on console or something if you really have to play it.

8. Vertette

Vertette

A big company like Sega won't see their game flopping on PC and think "oh guess people hate the DRM", they'll think "oh guess this franchise has no audience on PC."

9. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Frontiers will be at PA Australia this week end, and with how things have been going, we should all expect to see someone glitch into the blocked off part of Kronos Island and also the demo to have been straight up stolen.

10. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Do you guys think there will be any performance difference at all between the PS5 and Series X versions? Technically speaking, the Series X has a little more power than the PS5, but the PS5 has haptic feedback and I am curious if we'll see performance differences between the two. Both graphically, and even with the experience if they implement haptic feedback.

11. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I doubt there’ll be anything in it graphically, but I’ve heard that there’s a trend of Xbox SeX being able to run a bunch of games in 4K/60FPS where the PS5 can’t.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I mostly got the PS5 over the Series X because it had more games that interested me. I'll take 1440p or even 1080p at 60 and I'll be happy.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    That's nearly as many as Generations with all the extras, and almost twice as many as Forces.

I'm trying to imagine why that might be. Lots of cyberspace themes? Different overworld tracks to keep them from wearing out? Maybe they're all cutscene tracks? I dunno.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. MH MD

MH MD

what extras you count here? all songs that appeared from previous games like live and learn and such? don't know if i can count them

i can count up to about 90 songs in this generations album i have, but it also includes all songs from 3DS so it kinda cheats

15. Snowbound

Snowbound

Are Ohtani and Senoue Sega employees? If they are then they’ve had a longer-than-usual dev time to whip up a bunch of songs. This time could’ve given them the ability to go above and beyond with the number of songs. That said they’ve had other assignments since Forces. Specifically, here’s what Ohtani’s been up to:
    673EE96F-0016-46DF-B793-EFFF09DF33CB.png
    It seems that the largest project’s he’s been assigned the last five years were Sonic Team Racing and the 2020 Olympic Games… err games. I’m interested in the views of people who are more musically inclined than me or have more knowledge regarding Sega’s working as a company: could the large soundtrack be the result of Ohtani having a great deal of time to work on Frontiers music? Or did the other projects keep him very busy and the soundtrack size is due to the large scale of an open world game. Maybe it’s a lil of both

16. MH MD

MH MD

While the number of songs is the largest in any sonic game and seem impressive, please keep in mind that due to the nature of game and it’s scale, a lot of them could be simple jingles for example, or cutscene music, and they simply made a lot of them due to the content and include all of them in the soundtrack, like almost half Generations soundtrack are stuff like that, otherwise how could a short game like generations have as many as 90 songs? It simply does not.
    So dont really expect to hear 100 unique new themes or anything like that

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    I was looking at the youtube playlist, but I assumed they only included the songs made for the game (including unlockable remixes). Turns out they included every non-remixed song as well, which definitely bloats it.

EDIT: And yeah they're almost certainly not all level or boss themes, obviously, but it's still the biggest original Sonic OST, period. Unless those extra sixty songs are all just alternate versions or remixes of other songs, we're in for a lot of something, hopefully a treat.

I really hope they let Ohtani make something that sounds like Lost World again.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
  18. I wonder if Hidekuni Horita will return in Frontiers. Lost Palace was a great song Horita composed.

19. Turbohog

Turbohog

100%. The Generations soundtrack did this too. I still get pissed whenever "Rocket Wisp" comes on shuffle as if it's an actual song.