don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. synchronizer

synchronizer

Is there a mod that took it to the finish line? I was disappointed with the lighting differences.

2. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    You can see various visual improvement mods here (and the fixes for Sonic's model are on other parts of that page), but the laggy menus and Starlight Carnival 3's starting position remain the most obvious sticking points if that's too annoying for you.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    At least one mod fixed the Starlight Carnival 3 intro, the Unleashed model port fixes this issue among other things (and just looks nicer)

4. synchronizer

synchronizer

I see. Should I combine those with something else? How do I know which mods are compatible with each other?

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    There are a few classes of Colors Ultimate mods - models and character textures, music, lighting, and UI fixes. Basically as long as each mod does it’s own thing they should work with each other.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  6. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Apparently this game is coming to steam soon. Hopefully it'll also have some bug fixes along with the steam release but I doubt it.

Maybe I'll finally pick it up when it's on steam, because I refuse to use the bloatware that is the epic games store.

Edit: ninja'd

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. Turbohog

Turbohog

Fingers crossed that Sega will decide that they don't need to keep denuvo in the game

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  9. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    I mean it’s been over a year of exclusivity for Epic so it’s about time Colors Ultimate makes it’s way over to Steam

10. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    I feel like people don't understand Marketing and Sales Planning, or competing against your own products. Sonic Frontiers is literally next month. We're not getting any other Sonic game releases until after that. Probably a few weeks to a few months after to give Frontiers time to make its sales.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  11. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Didn't we not learn Lost World was coming to PC until, like, the week it came out?

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Something like that, yeah.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea it came out during a relatively dead year for Sonic (2015). Always felt like it was a stop gap title, like “eh we have it might as well”

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Definitely seems like it with how thrown together that port feels. :V

15. Linkabel

Linkabel

Blind Squirrel employee’s document for their process of updating the UI/UX of Sonic Colors for Sonic Colors Ultimate.

Might be a good idea to back this up.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    If you've been holding off on a physical copy for Xbone or PS4, now would be a good time to jump in.

Seems like a lot of stores are trying to clear their stock of this game and are selling it for as low as 12 bones. I can't even find the PS4 version in my area.

Switchies still pay the full Switch tax.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  17. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Switch version isn't worth owning retail imo, not with the broken jump height and how a few things seem to be semi broken elsewhere, what is it with non sega made sonic games having issues in the last 10 years

18. synchronizer

synchronizer

Is the jump height broken? Only in the switch version?

19. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    The jump height in the Switch version is slightly lower than it should be, if I’m not mistaken. I personally hardly noticed it though; it really doesn’t affect the gameplay all that much, especially given how forgiving the double jump is.