don't click here

Another Sega PC thread

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Bobblen, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Bobblen

Bobblen

upload_2022-10-3_14-46-53.png
    It works! Sort of... there's bizarrely long loading times on startup and when switching between menu and gameplay where the game is completely unresponsive. And there's a fast CPU bug again just like formula karts.

EDIT forcing vsync on in dxwnd sorts out the speed. That's good enough for some research! Would love to know what the 10 - 15 second load times are all about though, that makes no sense on 2020s era PC

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  2. What the PC version like mate? I only got the Saturn version and its ace

3. Bobblen

Bobblen

Pretty much a carbon copy of the Saturn version, but 640x480 by the looks of it! Right down to the keyboard control layout having 6 main keys plus a couple of extras. I'll have to grab the Saturn version to do a proper comparison.

4. SEGA PC was really getting good in the late 90's glad to hear the port is good.
    The Saturn version is going up in price

5. Going through some of my old PC games found this too. I didn't like the game much, but it did look lovely. Also when up mum's garage looking for my old SEGA mag's. I found my old 3DFX card LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Bobblen

Bobblen

Just stumbled across this little gem
    RibShark/SafeDiscShim: SafeDiscShim is a compatibility tool that allows for SafeDisc protected games which utilize the insecure Macrovision Security Driver ("secdrv.sys") to run on modern versions of Windows . (github.com)
    It mimics enough of the functionality of the blacklisted safedisc driver to allow you to run games with that particular copy protection on modern Windows. Just booted up my disc copy of Sega Rally Revo and it's working great (well as great as it ever did, it has a really weird frame pacing issue that's nothing to do with copy protection, just poor porting). It puts these mid to late 2000s era disc games back on the list for investigation now they can be easily ran.