don't click here

Tails Tube

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Mar 24, 2022.

1. I hope Knuckles will act like this or similar at least in Prologue and Frontiers itself.

2. I don’t really like this VA. It’s a bit too gruff. I only played TSR in Japanese so I didn’t even know there was a new actor. Haven’t seen much about it so I imagine most enjoy the performance which is good for those who play with the English VO.

3. Tying that specific issue to Knuckles' characterization is good I admit. It doesn't make it any less frustrating though because it effectively puts Knuckles at a narrative dead-end.

I'm glad he's much more down to earth here than he's been recently, but I would really love to see him explored in a new way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Lambda

Lambda

Luckily, characters can change. Call it wishful thinking (because it is), but making these things tied to Knuckles' personality means he can "learn a lesson about teamwork and trusting your friends" and these things can open up if SEGA has a change of heart. It's a great position to explain the current state of the lore, while still leaving their options open.

I'm somewhat foolishly anticipating a status-quo shift in the lore following Frontiers, as it seems to be a soft reboot and series relaunch, so things might change.

5. Snowbound

Snowbound

If Frontiers’ plot is well received and the game sells well then Sega may be willing to keep Flynn for the games and give him more leeway

6. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I loved this episode of TailsTube. Knuckles is just so fun to watch here. The new voice direction a vast improvement from how he was in TSR.

Just entertaining all around, probably meant for newer fans to introduce them to what Knuckles used to be like and how he's presumably going to resume being in the future. The Starfall islands mention was neat but didn't contain much of substance, but it's probably hinting at a potential prequel comic/animated short. Also it was hilarious when Knuckles said "where!?" when Rouge was mentioned, that one got a chuckle out of me.

BTW, is the artwork that was shown of Knuckles and Rouge new? The Knuckles one looked like it was traced off of his 06 artwork (does the retro wiki really not have this in higher res?) but I can't find anything that looks similar to the Rouge one.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  7. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
  8. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I never knew Tails sounded adorable in Japanese

9. Lambda

Lambda

I can't say for-sure, but I certainly don't recognize either of those drawings as promotional art for a previous game or anything.

10. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    At least he exists in the same time and dimension so he has the potential to make up an excuse. For Silver or Blaze you either HAVE to fuck up the future or throw Sonic into her dimension (Just so it can become another fucking pirate story because nothing else about Blaze's dimension is defined)

11. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
    a lot of sonic characters were made to be one-offs which story arcs and what not concluded in the same game they debuted in, that's something you need to keep in mind

12. Doesn't stop them from constantly bringing them back as recurring characters.

Like Shadow literally died and look where that went.

13. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    As someone who enjoyed Travis Willingham's take on Knuckles I'm a bit disappointed we won't get to hear him in Sonic Frontiers. I'm sure Dave B Mitchell will be fine in the game but I wanted to hear Willingham's Knuckles with Ian Flynn's script.

14. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I still maintain Silver's future should have been eaten by Ifrit in Sonic Rivals 2 and Silver remain in the past permanently, rather than continuously having to make bad futures that Silver has to come back to sort. Like, Sonic Colours (DS) has him mention the future is great and the people have a smile on their face. Now, suddenly, he's helping with the Resistance in Sonic Forces because that got overwritten, I guess?

Then again, the example I gave shows he doesn't need a reason to come back, but then again, the stakes are kinda lessened since Silver would effectively be confirming "Yeah, you win this, no worries..."

I mean, I know it's a foregone conclusion, but at least give us some sense of risk...

Silver in Sonic Colours (DS) about his future:
    [​IMG]

15. _Sidle

_Sidle

Rouge's art is from her Sonic Channel page. [+] (Some of the more popular characters got new updated art in 2021)
    I'm pretty sure that Knuckles art has been floating around, but I can't seem to find it.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  16. Linkabel

Linkabel

Yeah, the Knuckles artwork has been around for a while now but only through merch (I think)

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Been touched up slightly: got the highlights and shading compared to that one.
    [​IMG]
    Still, good to have a source.

18. Snowbound

Snowbound

Hmm… would it be possible to have Sonic Rivals 2 take place after Forces or would that create other continuity issues? I didn’t have a psp so I’ve never played the Rivals games; aka sorry if this is a stupid question

19. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Silver is surprised Espio knows his name in Sonic Rivals 2, which would be odd for them after working together in the Resistance for six months and talk directly to one another:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Snowbound

Snowbound

Welp never mind