don't click here

Hack [WIP] S3K multilanguage

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Nik Pi, Jun 25, 2022.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I now want to see a hack in which Sonic collects baguettes instead of rings.

Please, Retro, make it happen.

2. here's how the title scene might look:
    upload_2022-7-26_14-9-58.png
    don't give me ideas

3. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Sonic 2: Archives
    @lunarstudio
    Just redrawn it in ANY graphics editor (I use a MSPaint, and I like it.)
    We had a hack, where is Sonic collects a steaks, so.. your idea is not so strange :)

@SuperSnoopy, thank you very much ^_^

4. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    PARFAIT, not PARFAIS

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Ah yeah that's my bad, I didn't proofread it so dumb mistakes like this were bound to happen.
    Edited my original post to fix it, hopefully that's the only typo

6. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    sonic3k_000.png

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    Impressive! Is this a mockup or did you actually manage to fit all of this in the rom?

8. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Mockups is harder to make :p
    It's a real ROM :)

sonic3k_001.png
    It was a hard long day....

9. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    Phenomenal work. "anneaux" is misspelled as "annuax" in the screenshot, but otherwise it's great.

I'm not sure "k-l-e" really works that well too (a more correct version would be "k-l'e"), but it's on me since that's the translation I provided. To be honest I always thought "k-t-e" was weird too, so maybe I'm overreacting haha

edit: another blunder of mine: "course contre la montre" sounds a bit too formal, after thinking about it we usually just say "contre la montre", which would make the menu less cluttered too

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
  10. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Not so hard to make it. I'll fix it all tomorrow. Edit your post, if it contains another incorrect words, please.
    EDIT:
    sonic3k_002.png

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  11. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Ok, folks. It's time to resurrect this thread.
    I don't care that nobody cares about it, so a couple of news:
    • Project is not die, and not stopped. Work is in progress. Those three people who care about it - don't worry)
    • That dude, who help me with menu realization- he want to see a progress at least in Rus. translation, so i work with it. Most of text already translated, and soon i'll go to another language.
    I create a guide for in game text edit, so, if somebody want to help with realization of translation on he's language- go here, learn it, and get to work.
    Also, i need help with Enigma maps editing. I too dummy with this. Vacancy is open)

Hardly anyone will be inspired, but this is a good reason to raise the topic, I think.

12. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
  13. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    Thank you for your efforts!
    Quickly looked at all the zone through level select- all the translated zones appear fine, except for Ice Cap. But I'm sure you probably knew about this already.
    Either way, promising work :p

14. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    [​IMG]

15. Rrose80149

Rrose80149

This French version is great, except I still hear the MJ tracks.

16. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Huh?
    MJ track is only in ICZ
    Maybe, I sent an incorrect version..
    EDIT: No. CNZ, ICZ 2 and LBZ have a proto music, in comp. mode in level select- proto track.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  17. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Just a suggestion; but wouldn't Anielska Wyspa sound better for Angel Island?
    Also, Launch Base can be translated to Baza Startowa, which makes more sense as it's the launch site for Death Egg (at least to me).

Not trying to undermine Your work, just making some suggestions ;)

Also there's a problem with sentence order in polish, as we translate Zone to Strefa... So technically it should be... "Strefa Anielskiej Wyspy"....

Also, I just can not smile at the thought of translating Death Egg as Jajco Śmierci :eng101:

18. maybe it'd sound better
    i know about the sentence order, i thought about just removing the 'zone' so i.e. instead of 'strefa anielskiej wyspy' or 'anielska wyspa strefa' (nonsense) it'd just be 'anielska wyspa'
    also j a j c o s m i e r c i
    also noc w karnavale probably should be noc w karnawale instead..this isn't czech or slovak or something lol
    i love typos

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  19. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

Kazakhstan
    Why it's a problem?
    If you have read (and I am 120% sure that no one has read) my text editing guide- you may know, that you easily can move any word in any place of screen. Later I'll make a mockup for demonstration.

20. because even if we move the text, but leave the caption of the title card itself alone, we'd end up with 'strefa wyspa anielska' which is nonsense and not grammatically correct in polish
    we have to modify the title card text too, or a simpler solution would be just remove the 'zone' text so it's just 'wyspa anielska'