don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Patrolman

Patrolman

Sooooooo this "Insider" has been leaking stuff about the game

Apparently Sage's boss fight is just like Infinite's first boss

https://twitter.com/HedgehogScoop/status/1562845769140686850

There will be Forces levels in the game (probably the Cyberspace levels)

https://twitter.com/HedgehogScoop/status/1563628442150735873

Marketing for the game will resume on September

https://twitter.com/HedgehogScoop/status/1562247288902279168

There will be a Boom skin in the game

https://twitter.com/HedgehogScoop/status/1563277832922353666

Some Sage praise

https://twitter.com/HedgehogScoop/status/1562271401381433344

Sonic Team are already thinking of the next game and apparently its more traditional like the Adventure games

https://twitter.com/HedgehogScoop/status/1562555550851686406
    https://twitter.com/HedgehogScoop/status/1562619096935841792

To give an opinion they said its an great game but an okay Sonic game
    https://twitter.com/HedgehogScoop/status/1562861269664731138

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  2. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    And why should we believe this person?

3. Patrolman

Patrolman

4. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I feel like I've had to explain this like four times, but this guy is, to the letter, a waddle dee knows situation. Appears out of nowhere despite the "leaks" having been posted months ago? It's because they just made private tweets for every possible outcome, and then just deleted the ones that didn't happen before un-privating the account. The stuff they "got right" is so general that they could've brute-forced it, like making a release date tweet for every date before 2023, and plenty of stuff is obviously wrong. They say you use rings as fast-travel portals when that's supposedly what the sky rails are for. They say that there are smooth transitions between cutscenes and gameplay, which there aren't. They claim there are towers to unlock map pieces, when we've seen the regular puzzles do that already. They even claim that the rune from the reveal trailer really did say "zap" and it's the name of a combat move...which it's not, because Iizuka said it's not a decipherable word. Also, it's weird to have a "skin" for Sonic (especially Boom Sonic) in a game that also has glove and shoe cosmetics like the Korone stuff.

You can see from the rest of the account that they're clearly looking for attention, constantly going on Sonic community figure posts or official Sonic posts and just saying "look I got things right check my profile" or even baiting out "reveals" at follower thresholds, like...a Sonic Lost World port?

5. I had no idea people did this kind of crap. I don’t really ever pay attention to rumors or leaks (or at least actively search them out), and I hate Twitter. Pretty funny to see that people go so far out of their way to game the system for… clout, I guess? Not sure.

Glad you shared that.

6. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    lmao

this insider is a 12 year old kid with too much free time on their hands

7. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I feel like the Sonic Boom costume thing alone should give it away. Sega is keen on never mentioning that series again.

8. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I dunno. I mean, I still think it's fake, but it's not like they couldn't just slap the Forces Boom cosmetics in Frontiers. With so much content in this game being optional, they may as well port over all the Forces items as rewards. Worked for Mario Odyssey.

9. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    THANK YOU, you took the words right out of my mouth, and saved me the trouble of writing 'em up myself. As soon as I saw that tweet from April showing nothing but the release date, I thought of this. Highly recommend everyone watch that video behind the link.

10. Vertette

Vertette

At this point I've seen so many legit leaks get passed over - like Piranha Plant being a playable Smash character - because they sound fake, while obviously fake leaks like Star Fox Prix catch on that I just stopped listening to "leakers" altogether. I'm glad the whole buzz around "leakers" is less of a thing these days, because as it turns out some people will legit spend weeks of effort for five minutes of internet fame. Take it with a truckload of salt and all that.

11. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Yeah this completely horseshit lmao. Anyone who says “I have insider news but only once I hit 200 followers!” should be laughed out the door.

12. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    I don't know how you could think that, considering Sega likes to reboot the series's gameplay so often, even if it's successful. In 2013 we anxiously awaited a sequel to Generations with all-original levels of that quality, but that's not what happened, is it?

I can almost put money on this being the one and only open-world Sonic game, ever.

13. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Didn't Iizuka literally say that this game will be setting up the gameplay style for the next 10 years of Sonic?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...ers-is-sonics-next-step-for-the-next-10-years

The Lost World situation was completely different. They had said for years the Boost levels cost a lot to produce vs the amount of content you get from it and they wanted to try a new style they could provide a longer experience with. This isn't the same at all.

So that's how "I could even think that"

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    So the new standard is Adventure Fields & Reused levels? I dread next 10+ years of Sonic... :V

But jokes aside, the reused levels concept, sometimes turns out really good. Rayman Legends had a whole segment called "Back to Origins", where You played a bunch of older levels, with graphics/lightning engine of Legends.

As many people pointed out, Kirby reuses level themes, but does it in tribute-kind of way. The problem with Sonic Team is that they are... how to put it... playing dirty? They insert a lot of level chunks into the game, with another coat of paint. It's not tribute, it's a rip-off. Obviously, they understand that Forces level design was bashed by fans, so now they are trying to make up for it in the worst possible way.

Man... If only they would delay the game, implement brand new Cyberspace levels, and port a bunch of older levels as a bonus? That would be great.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Felik

Felik

I really hate how after FOUR 3D boost games Sonic Team still haven't polished controls and physics to not feel janky as hell. Just look at this, it looks like the game breaks apart the moment player tries to go off the scripted path:

Also it appears that Sonic controls at low speeds is even worse than in Heroes.

16. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    This guy is playing like ass, and the controls are customizable.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Lmao, look at 0:15-0:20 how Sonic idle-poses up the scripted ramp. Fuck.

18. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    This is a popular line of thinking but it's not really true. We had Unleashed, Colors, Generations, and Forces clearly building upon each other. Lost World was the exception.

Also I'm really really not down with recycled level design the more I see it. If they are going to bring City Escape level design back I want to play it in City Escape. It's really weird and jarring seeing it used in different environments. Just really simplified bastardised version of City Escape but not with City Escape's aesthetic. Don't know if anyone agrees but I really hate it.