don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Where is the Sega Press Vault located on the internet?

3. Kyro

Kyro

https://frontiers.sonicthehedgehog.com

The website for the game was updated, not a ton here but you can see some new screenshots and they show off the differences in the standard and deluxe digital editions. There is also apparently going to be some free dlc content for folks who sign up for the newsletter so... yay?

The base game is $60, the digital deluxe edition is $70, and as far as I can tell its the same set up as origins, all the digital deluxe content seems to be just getting some of the in game collectibles early along with some cosmetics. It "includes a digital copy of the game, the Explorer's Treasure Box, which includes Amy's Memory Tokens, a Portal Gear, Emerald Vault Keys, and additional shoes and gloves for Sonic. It also includes a Digital art book with a 25 track digital mini soundtrack"

There are also apparently screenshots of the switch version but I cant find where they are sourced from

Edit: I found them, I'll link them here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    $10 for what you get is laughable.

5. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    I know this is slightly off-topic, but christ man, Gamescom was a shitshow. I have entirely given up on AAA games. It's been the exact same shit recycled for over 10 years. Every trailer, and I mean every trailer either doesn't show gameplay, or its gameplay makes it clear it's some 300-hour interactive third-person open-world stealth survival MMO with skill trees and cinematic cutscenes. And they all have a voice narrating a generic, overly vague "epic" monologue. Who is watching this? Who is getting EXCITED for these? It's like games have plateaued.

The worst part is that Frontiers fits right into that mold. Without the Sonic brand, it would have nothing going for it.

6. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Just gotta know where to look.

7. If anything, that's sort of a good thing. I'd rather have it like that (a basic cosmetic/in-game starter pack for things you can already get in-game normally) rather than some at-launch/pre-order/exclusive DLC. Want to get a little ahead or grab some small cosmetics? Sure, that's $10 more. Don't want to spend the extra? Fine, rest of the game is there already and you're hardly missing out by not pre-ordering or getting the "Deluxe" edition.

8. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Outside of the Wisps, I wouldn't say any of those mechanics or setpieces in Generations make a big difference to the broader gameplay experience. Those mechanics would be a subject of variety if the comparison point was with other Boost games or similar games of their nature; not against Adventure 1. I'm staying on the defined topic of the Boost gameplay's heavy focus on speed and constantly pushing the player forward, in that case how do waterslides and a snowboarding segment meaningfully contrast against that?

And on the topic of Crisis City, I mainly recall climbing city ruins while fighting strong winds being a feature of classic Sonic's level and gameplay, rather than that of modern Sonic. Unless you are talking about the final act on the destroyed highway, where you're dodging flying debris while rushing to the goal.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  9. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I honestly don't know why anyone would expect them to be.

10. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    Because we should have high expectations and assume development teams get better.

If Sonic Team are going to suck forever and not improve they might as well give up and not make any more Sonic games.

11. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

It would be cool to have boost levels on the same tier as Unleashed and Generations, but the people who made those don't work for Sonic Team anymore.

12. If noboby said it, I'm gonna do it:[​IMG]
    I liked Ares Island more than Kronos. Like, I know we've seen just a little of it, but for what I have seen so far, I really liked it. Not trying to mean I desliked Kronos Island, no I liked this one as well, but I just think I liked this one more.

Hope we'll see more footage of this island on Gamescom demo.

13. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Interesting to note that both of the islands are named after Greek mythology. Ares is the god of war, and Kronos is the Titan of time.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  14. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I'm looking forward to Erichthonius Island.

15. The series makes money, that's all the reason they need to continue

16. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    Fingers crossed we get an island named, “Priapus” :eng99:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Remember when Sonic Team followed up on Sonic Generations with an even better game?

Me neither. Not all development teams get better, it turns out.

18. VenomTH

VenomTH

If the pre-rendered cutscenes are in-game footage, is this the best CG we've had since Unleashed?

19. MH MD

MH MD

it feels like we haven't had any CG cutscenes since unleashed lol

20. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

Maybe you don't always have to get better, but you also don't have to get significantly worse.